Inactive support button — TomTom Community

Inactive support button

marchendmarchend Posts: 132 [Renowned Wayfarer]
edited January 2019 in Travel lounge
What is the point of this if it doesn't work?

7f102cfe-3727-4d28-8e41-9a281f30e3c9.jpg

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,326
    Superusers
    Call them:
    United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • B4LambB4Lamb Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am getting the same problem but it seemed to work during the business hours. I cant see why it should be switched off at other times.

Anyway I was able to launch a question about a fault that my Stert 25 has developed and I was given a Question reference number in return.

I have had no response from the support team for several days and now when I go back into questions there is no record of my original question so I tried raising a new one only to find it would not accept it after filling in all the details. It is so frustrating

It is like TOMTOM make it as difficult as they can to avoid a Warranty return.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,933 Moderator
    Hi B4Lamb

I had a quick look at your contact history and I see that your case has been picked up today and you should see a reply in your inbox. Delay was only because of the weekend..

With regards to the 'Contact Customer Care' button on working could you try to clear the cache of your browser, log in with your TomTom account and try again.

At the moment, it is working for me... I am using a Google Chrome browser.....

Thanks
    Vikram
  • B4LambB4Lamb Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Ok thank you, I have now had a reply from support and it has been helpful

The apparent loss of GPS signals and ambiguity of present location on my start 25 sat nav seemed to be resolved by removing unnecessary voice over languages other than my spoken language and then using the sat nav for a few hours.. normal operation was resumed. I am assuming the problem was due to memory capacity which was exceeded with the last full european maps download. I will keep my eye on it for a while to see if ut remains stable.

Regards

John