Sync between MyDrive App and GO 5200 — TomTom Community

Sync between MyDrive App and GO 5200

hbaarshbaars Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I use an android phone to plan my drive. The phone returns with "Synchronized with Mydrive" The TomTom Go 5200 is connected with Mydrive and I am logged in. No drives are synchronized. It went succesfully until about late August. Since then no drive is synchroniuzed anymore. Phone and TomTom are reset, which did not help.
Anyone an idea what is wrong and how to solve?
thanks in advance

Comments

• RARARARARARARARA Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I have the same issue. I don't know if it's the device firmware or the android app but the device offers far less usability than when I purchased. I'm close to boxing it up and sending it back to Tomtom for a refund, this has been a couple of months now. Not what I expect for a product at this price. They're not cheap, at £250 and more it should be a premium, polished product that performs well.

I can't sync a drive, send a destination. The postcode search is utterly redundant unless there is a POI there. Google maps doesn't have problems like this, I'm hugely regretting my purchase.
  • RARARARARARARARA Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Made some progress just now. Stop the app on your phone, clear cache, clear data, then uninstall it. Reinstall and log back in, and it may start to sync again like mine did just now. There does appear to be a new version available, as of December 20th, but for whatever reason Google Play has decided it's not available to me. Don't know if that'll cure the other glitches, nor whether Tomtom may have made it available elsewhere for those having issues?

Edit to add - the new version is available using aptoide, a alternative app store. But searching for postcode is still broken, it seems. I've downgraded back to 1.12.1 from their repositories and all appears good - it'll search properly, it will sync from app to device correctly. Damn you Tomtom for breaking things and leaving them in such a state that people have to do such things. I doubt you'll every see another penny from me. Following is a link to the version I've installed and had success with, hope it helps others out. http://dinoapk.store.aptoide.com/app/market/com.tomtom.mydrive.eu/28/32414459/TomTom+MyDrive
  • hbaarshbaars Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for your reply. It all sounds simular to mine. I will try the same solution!