Sports Watch - Home Golf Course disappeared — TomTom Community

Sports Watch - Home Golf Course disappeared

GjBeesGjBees Posts: 8 [Legendary Explorer]
edited December 2018 in Golfer & Golfer 2
Hi, something weird has happened with my golf sports watch. Ever since I started using it I have had no issues finding my home course. Now it suddenly does not find my course. The watch buzzes and presents a blank screen. All other golf courses in the vicinity are found but mine is no longer there. I have 'Reset' - not factory reset it and still it does not find my course. It is up to date and syncs properly with my PC. Any thoughts?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,677
    Superusers
    You may want to call Customer Support to ask them about it, but I would try a factory reset first in case it is just an issue in your firmware install. To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • GjBeesGjBees Posts: 8 [Legendary Explorer]
    OK. so here's the status. It literally took hours and multiple attempts. The reset would go ok, register again ok, then get to "Upload Golf courses". Nearly two hours each time it would crash with "Something has gone wrong". 'Fix it' or 'Reset'. Fix it never once worked. I had to reset the watch again. After 5 tries and hours it finally finished with a GPS Fix error but the watch now sees my home course but when I chose it, I get 'Storage full'. So what next?
  • GjBeesGjBees Posts: 8 [Legendary Explorer]
    Note the exact error is: "CAN'T FIND QUICKGPS". We couldn't find QuickGPS on your watch. try reconnecting in a few minutes, or use TomTom app on your mobile phone to update QuickGPS.

Tried both.
    1. Reconnecting produces the same error
    2. Using app, message is "Wake up Watch".
    The watch is awake as it syncs each time I attach it.

Syncing takes place OK, then drops into update golf courses. "Can take a few minutes"

Get QuickGPS error again -> Click on "Got it". Get "Ready to GO. Your watch is up to date and charged".

I rebooted my mobile phone, but the phone keeps searching for the watch. It cannot find it.

With the watch connected to my PC the full charged icon is the only thing visible. I cannot change it. Buttons do not respond.

When I disconnect it the TomTom and icon shows then the 'Storage full' error appears again.

Menu -> phone -> start new pair. Watch is found, put pairing code in but get error "Not Paired".

Might as well just chuck the thing in the bin.