Audio volume of navigation instructions is too quiet and is not saved between restarts — TomTom Community

Audio volume of navigation instructions is too quiet and is not saved between restarts

John RFJohn RF Posts: 11 [Apprentice Traveler]
The most relevant issues I'm facing with TomTom GO for Android are related with audio. Two of them being:
  • If I set the volume level in TomTom Go to 100%, when the app is restarted this setting is reset to the default value (90%). And there is no way to make TomTom Go retain the volume level between restarts.
  • The volume level of navigation instructions is too quiet. Other users have also complained about this. Even after setting it to 100% in TomTom Go. You may ask: why don't I increase the volume in Android then? Well, that is not an option if another app is playing, for example, music. In this common scenario users expect to be able to set the volume level according to the music while, at the same time, being able to clearly hear the navigation instructions. What happens, however, is that in order to hear the TomTom navigation instructions clearly, the Android volume needs to be so high that the music being played becomes too loud.
TomTom Android development team should take a look at how HERE WeGo works because, in terms of audio, it's flawless.

Comments

• John RFJohn RF Posts: 11 [Apprentice Traveler]
    For the sake of accuracy, the volume level is retained when exiting and restarting the TomTom GO Mobile app. However it is reset after Android is rebooted. It seems to be the only setting which is not retained between reboots!