Got TomTom sportswatch as present (2nd hand) and need to register on my name — TomTom Community

Got TomTom sportswatch as present (2nd hand) and need to register on my name

ReneeRSAReneeRSA Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
Good day

I received a TomTom as a present:
FFC ID S4L8RA0
IC 5767A – 8RA0

Previous owner:
MJP Nortjé

I would like to re-register it into my name:
Reneé van Wyk

I have an account (I think) from years ago when I used a TomTom GPS. I used this email address but cannot remember the password.

Please advise.

Kind regards,

Renee'

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,677
    Superusers
    To register it as your own all you need to do is factory reset it (which will also clear the data off of it from the prior owner) and when prompted for an account select Register as New and enter an email address. Your old GPS account will likely not work as MySports is a separate system. By the way, the numbers you gave are meaningless, you need the serial number which you can access from the About menu by pressing down from the clock. It is the number at the bottom that starts with two letters.

To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running (download and install it from tomtom.com/123 if you do not have it) and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.