Polar OH1 support

Mikko_from_Finland
Mikko_from_Finland Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I have Sport watch Cardio Spark Music and I just bought new Polar OH1 arm beat sensor. Now I´m trying to connect it with my warch but it can not be found. Polar OH1 is Bluetooth Smart sensor so it should work with my watch. Anyone else having same problem?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,938
    Superuser
    First thing to try is a factory reset, which generally resolves most issues (but liekly will not help this - see below). Even if it is BT+, the BT standard is in such a way a 'standard' that it can be widely interpreted with different settings for buffer sizes, time outs, profiles, protocols, antenna configurations, etc.. TomTom cannot change their code every time a manufacturers messes with the BT coding. There are thousands of models out there so there is no way for TT to test them all and since the manufacturers often tweak the BT settings there is no way to know upfront if a pair will work or not. Polar even acknowledges this on their website:

"There is plenty of variation between how different Android devices handle the technologies used in our products and services, such as Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and different standards and protocols. Because of this, compatibility varies between phone manufacturers, and unfortunately Polar cannot guarantee that all features can be used with all devices."

If others have said they cannot get it to work and you cannot either, it is most likely simply not compatible, due to a change on the Polar side.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.