Incorrect times and distances shown

SaraJ
SaraJ Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
My watch shows the wrong time I’ve run for - I always press pause when I finish but despite knowing that I ran for 5k when I check it shows significantly more. Despite not being turned on, does it count my driving distance/walking to the start/end of the run?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    As long as the watch is paused it is not going to add any distance. How much more are you seeing? How are you sure you actually ran 5k? The nature of GPS is that each data point collected is only accurate to within 15-30m of your actual location. The watch collects the data points and then tries to figure out a route using them (considering that some points may overlap or duplicate). The watch then smooths the data to come up with the most reasonable route taken according to the algorithm it is programmed with. This is why every watch, even two of the same model, will come up with different distances, as they are collecting different GPS data.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • SaraJ
    SaraJ Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    4a47e20c-6eba-4bae-8021-0119ad58e2a2.pngI’ve attached the download - it shows that I completed 4.96 which is correct but the daily activity is 7.67km despite me only starting the timer when I commenced the run and then pressing on the pause button when I’d completed it! I don’t know what I’m doing wrong!
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    You are looking at two different things. Daily activity (the top box) is based on your steps and will include the sports activity within it, while the sports activity (the bottom box) is just from the sports mode. So on the day in question you had a run for 4.96km and walked an additional 2.71km. This is as designed, as the 24/7 activity tracker is capturing all your activity not just when you have activated a sports mode. You are looking at separate cards based on separate systems.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.