Notifications on Spark 3

LALLAGHLALLAGH Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
Dear TomTom users,

I need your help.
Although I made all that is described in the user manual, I cannot get my Iphone 5S notifications on my brand new Spark 3.
Phone notifications on Spark are on, same in the app.
As far as I understood I should get something when I get phone calls or text messages (no I messages or whatsapp, correct?). I tried many times but nothing happens (what is it supposed to happen when you get these notifications?)...
I'm getting frustrated; can somebody help me? :disappointed_relieved:

Thanks Laura

Comments

• AlezAlez Posts: 92 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Hello, you must activate the following:
    settings - phone - manage - synchronization
    Member of the Microsoft Virtual Academy Founders Club / Windows Insider MVP / Microsoft MVP since 2003 / Moderator Microsoft Community / MVA Certificate Windows 10 & Windows Phone
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,722 Superusers
    All you will get for notifications are those from the native phone and text apps, not third-party apps (like Facebook messenger or What's App). And all you get is single notification alert on a single screen, you cannot scroll through to recall missed ones or interact with it in any way. It essentially just telling you to look at your phone. IF you do not see it when it comes up you will miss it.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • LALLAGHLALLAGH Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Alez wrote:
    Hello, you must activate the following:
    settings - phone - manage - synchronization
    Dear Alez the sync is on but I don't get anything...
    That's my problem...
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    All you will get for notifications are those from the native phone and text apps, not third-party apps (like Facebook messenger or What's App). And all you get is single notification alert on a single screen, you cannot scroll through to recall missed ones or interact with it in any way. It essentially just telling you to look at your phone. IF you do not see it when it comes up you will miss it.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.

Thanks but how can I solve the problem that I don't get any notification??
    Why do not you pair the phone to the clock again?
    Member of the Microsoft Virtual Academy Founders Club / Windows Insider MVP / Microsoft MVP since 2003 / Moderator Microsoft Community / MVA Certificate Windows 10 & Windows Phone
    Alez wrote:
    Why do not you pair the phone to the clock again?

How can I cancel the actual phone from the clock?
    go to the phone - Bluetooth - select TomTom GPS Watch - settings - forget
    (the names of the steps are approximate, I have Android, Apple may vary)
    Then, match again.
    Alez wrote:
    go to the phone - Bluetooth - select TomTom GPS Watch - settings - forget
    (the names of the steps are approximate, I have Android, Apple may vary)
    Then, match again.

I tried again but it still doesn’t work..
    on the screen of the watch I see the symbol of the phone, it’s connected, synchronized but if I get a call nothing happens...
    any idea?
    Make sure that when you open the TomTom Sport App on the phone, it appears above as synchronized.
    Alez wrote:
    Make sure that when you open the TomTom Sport App on the phone, it appears above as synchronized.

Yes it is!!!
    i rematched it again and still nothing...
    Review again:

-phone - manage alerts
    and
    -phone - manage - synchronization
    Alez wrote:
    Review again:

-phone - manage alerts
    and
    -phone - manage - synchronization

both are ON
    Sorry, I can not think of anything else, it is possible that the phone is not compatible for those functions.
  • AlexPoAlexPo Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello!
    I have same trouble.
    Yesterday i bought watches as replacement "mi band 2", be course new ones have notifications to. I updated firmware, install app, pair, turn on sync and notifications, but it not working with my iPhone! It looks like fake.

Support, please help!
    Thank you!