last update — TomTom Community

last update

my Tom Tom is a 700 go it has a fixed hard drive and on the last update of which i have always purchased a full Europe map and cameras it now informs me that this map which i have already paid for (no warning before i paid for) will no longer fit and has only installed the uk and Ireland parts on to the machine, so i tried to do a restore and it now said that the original file which i had already installed is too large to fit, how come it was on there before? so i can only conclude that Tom Tom must think i have had this unit long enough and its time to invest in a new one and i feel forced to buy the new model. To get a compatible new model i would need the go 520 and that is a lot of money. When i purchased the 700 it cost £499 +the car kit and an extension gps aerial because i had a solar front wind screen, + all the updates for maps and speed cameras so i think i have invested heavily into Tom Tom and i am not happy with this ordeal at all, any one else in the same predicament? Jason Evans, Leominster

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,454
    Superusers
    Hi
    After every update the Maps increase in detail and size eventually you can't fit a quart into a pint pot... So somthing has to give
    How often do you drive in Europe ??? Are Europe Map Zones available for you ???

ATB YFM
  • jason gunny evansjason gunny evans Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Like I said if the update information was given before I made the purchase it would have been acceptable. I would hot have chosen the full Europe map over the past 15 years if I didn't use it would I, tippicle corporate response.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,454
    Superusers
    Hi
    @jason gunny evans
    Typical corporate response.
    Not from me!!! Just common-sense... I'm just a Tomtom user like yourself

Ring Tomtom support United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

ATB YFM