Option to set vehicle's top speed to GO Mobile App — TomTom Community

Option to set vehicle's top speed to GO Mobile App

KimFlorKimFlor Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
Could it be possible to add an option to mobile go, where you could set vehicles max speed?
For example a car with a hanger can't drive as fast as just a car

Comments

• avdweijavdweij Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Definitely need this. Using TomTom Go on my Android Phone in my car and camper van (1992 diesel). Calculated routes for the later are not always the fastest.
  • AsprinAsprin Posts: 236 [Exalted Navigator]
    In Europe:

d39bf890-29f8-4d7f-9b17-412d2806b7ed.jpg
    I have yet to see anyone keeping to these speeds with a trailer attached.

I have seen cars with trailers passing me and I am doing 125 KM and the pass me like I am standing still.

The truth in the matter no one pays any attention the speed limits much less anyone with a trailer on the end of their car or van.

Having an extra item add to a GPS app would be a waste of time.

Knowing what speed you need to drive with a trail attached is as simple as looking at your dashboard and not to go over it.

But like I said no one does that because they are to much in a rush.
    That's why we have accidents everyday on all the roads.

No GPS app will help with that.
    It is not that I am afraid to exceed the maximum allowed speed. It's just the fact that I cannot drive as fast as the maximum allowed speed. For instance on motorways I would be allowed to drive 130 km/h with my camper van. However with a bit of help from the wind I could reach just over 100 km/h. But most of the times I would just stick to truck doing 80.

Anyway, TomTom sometimes suggest a longer but faster route. But this goes for regular cars that can reach the maximum speed. In my case a shorter but (calculated) slower route happened to be the fastest.

I hope this explains the reason behind my post... I thought the topic starter had this also in mind.
    EthoZ wrote:
    Why buy an additional piece of hardware when I've got navigation on my phone?
  • k.salzmann_un31k.salzmann_un31 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    KimFlor wrote:
    Could it be possible to add an option to mobile go, where you could set vehicles max speed?
    For example a car with a hanger can't drive as fast as just a car
    +1
    The Go 1015 has got that option.
    So, why Go 6200 and the Go mobile app does not get it?