Product already registered?

dEmpire
dEmpire Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I received a runner 3 as a christmas present this year and have been setting it up. During the process to pair with my phone / set up the tomtom account and register the watch The app told me that the watch had already been registered previously to a different account.
I was given the option to add it to my account anyway which I did.

This was bought directly from amazon / TomTom as a new product. Packaging was intact and sealed.

Can anyone confirm if the message I received means that I have actually received a refurb product or similar.

Can I also check for my peace of mind that the watch is now only registered to my account and there is no danger of the data from it (locations etc) being delivered to the previous account. I would like an assurance on this from TomTom please.

thanks

Comments

• mwoods450
    mwoods450 Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Traveler
    Sounds like a refurbished model to me otherwise it would not have been pre registered with someone else sometimes Amazon sell pre opened but not actually used items
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 17,004
     Superuser
    dEmpire wrote:
    I received a runner 3 as a christmas present this year and have been setting it up. During the process to pair with my phone / set up the tomtom account and register the watch The app told me that the watch had already been registered previously to a different account.
    I was given the option to add it to my account anyway which I did.

This was bought directly from amazon / TomTom as a new product. Packaging was intact and sealed.

Can anyone confirm if the message I received means that I have actually received a refurb product or similar.

Can I also check for my peace of mind that the watch is now only registered to my account and there is no danger of the data from it (locations etc) being delivered to the previous account. I would like an assurance on this from TomTom please.

thanks
    It is linked to your email so you should be fine, it can only upload to a single account. it may have been used for testing at the factory or Amazon may have simply repackaged it. To be sure, do a factory reset and then register it to your email and it will be fine go forward.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.