Why does my TomTom Sport Watch keeps freezing every 2-3 days?

pgv
pgv Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I was really excited to buy the tom tom sports watch specially as it calculates Muscle/Fat ratio, etc.
Except for the fact that the stupid watch stops working randomly every 2-3 days.
I genereally have it on 100% batter since I charge it every night but once or twice a week, it will stop counting steps or log any data. Its fully charged so it does show the time but the steps counter will continue showing 0 steps all day. I try to sync it with my iphone via bluetooth and it doesnt work. The only way I can get it to start working again is if I sync it on my computer and even then I have to sync it twice for it to start working again.

Its so bad that I am debating just to get my money back, return the product.
Any recommendations or ideas before I just do that?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,936
    Superuser
    The first thing to try is a factory reset, which generally resolves most issues. To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

If that does not help, you can contact Customer Support to see what they can do. They are able to more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

As to returning, I would strongly consider all your options. Considering TT has left the wearables market and is not producing any new devices, I would assume at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes. I would not expect much more development and would consider it a legacy device. What is in the box when you get it is all you can expect go forward.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.