Recording steps when not used

Chrisski33
Chrisski33 Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Seeker
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi I left my runner 3 watch at work for two days and when i picked it up today it said i had done 1300 or so which it couldnt have as it wasny moved and noone has been in work for two days!
Anyone have an explanation?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,932
    Superuser
    It is just a poor algorithm. It should not track steps but it will based on extraneous movement (although 1,300 seems like a lot). Did you look at it right before you left and right when you got back? Could some of them have been yours? In any case, you can try a factory reset but that will probably not do much. it is just the way it is, a poor design and implementation.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • ColdBeer
    ColdBeer Registered Users Posts: 4
    Master Traveler
    If you connected TomTom Sports to Google Fit, your phone is recording your steps too for your walking time, so TomTom takes your steps from Google Fit. When you hold your watch in your arm, steps are taken from it and TomTom is who manages the activities.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,932
    Superuser
    ColdBeer wrote:
    If you connected TomTom Sports to Google Fit, your phone is recording your steps too for your walking time, so TomTom takes your steps from Google Fit. When you hold your watch in your arm, steps are taken from it and TomTom is who manages the activities.
    Good point. It will also take them from Apple Health if you have that synced. They do this so you still get activity tracking even if you are not wearing the watch.