Swimming activity

Gregory Gosse
Gregory Gosse Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
today I went to the swimming pool for the first time with my new watch .
after my training I saw in my app that swimming doesn’t count on my age training change because I didn’t have the heart pulse per min on my swimming account. How can I activate it?
For me swimming is a bird part of my training. Merry Christmas

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    You cannot have the wrist based HR on for swimming as it is not accurate enough for all users to be implemented. And even if you could it would not impact your fitness age as that is based on VO2Max which is only measured during running and cycling. There is nothing to be done, it is the way it is and since TT has left the wearables market and is not producing any new devices it will not change.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Gregory Gosse
    Gregory Gosse Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks.i will try with freestyle fonction and see what happen.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    Thanks.i will try with freestyle fonction and see what happen.
    Freestyle is not going to do anything for you really. You will then get HR (inaccurate HR potentially) but will lose all swim metrics. It still will not impact your fitness age as it is not running or cycling.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.