TomTom Runner 3 Notifications

Shoulders
Shoulders Registered Users Posts: 2
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi, I have just purchased a tom tom Runner 3 and can't figure out how to get the call/text alerts on it. I have paired it and it's synced and following the instructions it tells me I should go to Settings screen on my watch, then phone, press right to select manage the alerts. But mine doesn't have the option of manage. I also have no alerts option on the app... can someone help me?

Comments

• Kootje
    Kootje Registered Users Posts: 3
    Neophyte Traveler
    i hate to say this but this watch is not a smartwatch.this is not possible
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 17,004
     Superuser
    Are you on the latest firmware? When you plug it into a computer with the Connect software running it will prompt you to update if one is available. Many of the watches have been sitting on the shelf for a while and have older firmware on them. Be aware that the phone notifications are very basic, you just get notified that there was a call or text, you cannot interact with it in any way or recall missed messages or see beyond what fits on the screen. It is essentially prompting you to look at your phone. I think they were committed to add phone notifications since they had advertised it, so they implemented the most basic system. Since they have now left the wearables market and are no longer producing devices I would not expect any changes on this front unfortunately. You purchased a legacy device which will be getting limited support going forward so you may want to bear that in mind if you are still within a return period.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 17,004
     Superuser
    Kootje wrote:
    i hate to say this but this watch is not a smartwatch.this is not possible
    It is possible. While it is not a smartwatch it does offer phone notifications (very basic ones, but they are there).
  • Lukka
    Lukka Registered Users Posts: 5
    Neophyte Traveler
    And what do we have to do? I have the same problem..... no phone calls alerts neither messages......
  • Michael Procter
    Michael Procter Registered Users Posts: 35
    Master Traveler
    The watch needs to be updated to the latest 1.7.60 software.

Then you can manage notifications. It is extremely basic and if you miss it, it is gone forever.

I have just just sold my watch. Bought a Garmin Forerunner 630 instead. It doesn’t have built in music, which I never used and it doesn’t have optical wrist cardio either. The smart notifications are great though and includes WhatsApp etc. Any notifications sent to my iPhone come through to the watch. I can control music from the watch that is on the phone answer calls in the watch, but need to have the phone to hand as the watch doesn’t have a microphone or speaker. It does masses of other stuff. Much happier.
  • Lukka
    Lukka Registered Users Posts: 5
    Neophyte Traveler
    Thank foi Michael.....I think that I'm gonna do that same thing.