TomTom Golfer Storage Full - Page 2 — TomTom Community

TomTom Golfer Storage Full

2»

Comments

• MichalaMichala Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    As I cannot get a response from TomTom and they have not resolved the issue, I am intending to send this letter from Which:

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/letter/letter-to-get-a-refund-if-your-item-is-faulty

Please sort this out quicklyTom Tom or at least have the courtesy to reply!
  • DannycDannyc Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same problem as all of the above kids bought me a tomtom watch for Christmas still cannot get to work followed instructions to plug into computer did a software update then updated courses now have storage full every time haven’t had chance to use never had a issue with my old Garmin watch
  • DirkVdKDirkVdK Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I propose everybody affected by this problem logs a support ticket.
    Mine is [Incident: 180109-xxxxxxx].
    Hopefully that gets their attention.

Mod edit: Please do not post any personal information on a public forum!
  • pm2112pm2112 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I logged a support ticket over a week ago and have just received an update from TomTom this morning.

This issue affects the Golfer 1 and they think that the memory is no longer large enough to store all the additional course info that has been added to the course data base. I’ve been told to expect a further update from the development team in a few days.

Quite why one has to have 40,000 courses stored on the device in the first place is beyond my comprehension, given that the majority of people probably only play a handful of courses. Even having the option to just download courses in a given country or region would be helpful and save memory.
  • Jasehardy11Jasehardy11 Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    I've just had a response to my ticket that I sent a week ago. see below less than helpful response which basically translates to, we don't know how to fix this yet!

Dear Mr/Ms ,
    We apologize for not yet having responded to your email dated 03/01/2018 07.37 NM.
    We will get back to you as soon as possible and apologize for the delay in answering your query.
    Thank you for your patience and best regards,
    Your TomTom Support Team
  • Som WesSom Wes Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Very. very frustrated about "Storage full" and no progress attempting to fix it the only consolation is seeing that I'm not alone in this mess... / Lena in South Africa:confounded:
  • mac262mac262 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Just like to add that my Golfer 1 watch now says storage low, and will no longer sync to phone.

Went to use it this morning after yet another reset yesterday only to find display completely blank, due to being battery completely flat.

software for this product is very poor. I've had this watch for 18 months and had continuous problems, all suffered by other users and caused by software issues.

If latest problem is due to inadequate golf course storage then it must be made possible to select region of choice.
  • Jasehardy11Jasehardy11 Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Just to keep you all updated because Tom Tom arent very good at it, please see the latest response. Saying once again, we are looking into it but nothing more concrete!!
    After they requested my watch serial number this is how the conversation went. No Surprise that my question regarding warranty was ignored!!

Me to TomTom support.
    Surely this requires a global fix to the golfer and not one related to my specific watch???

anyway, regardless of that please see below details.

Details on the watch are as follows:
    FCC ID: #####
    IC: ######-####
    ANATEL: ###-##-####

This watch is only 6 months old. Therefore still covered under warrant and I will be supported by consumer law for a full refund. this is my preferred option so please advise how i should proceed with this.

Dear Mr Hardy,

The reference number for your query is 1801xx-xxxxxx.
    This is Lisa in Customer care again. Thank you for your update.
    Their is a known issue effecting the Golfer 1 watches showing storage full. This is under investigation at the moment.
    I am escalating your case to our 2nd line technicians and hope to have an update for you shortly.
    If you have further queries do not hesitate to contact me using the response link below.

With Kind Regards

Mod edit: Please do not post any personal information on a public forum!
  • LeftyAHLeftyAH Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I also have this problem and have just asked for an update on the fix. Was told its with the developers - I cant understand why this wasn't fully tested before an update went out - shoddy
  • MichalaMichala Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    I have now received a response from Tom Tom to say they will refund. See below

"This is Lisa in Customer care. Thank you for your email. I apologise for our delay in responding to your query.

I am sorry to hear that you are getting the error storage full on your Golfer watch. This is a known issue that is under investigation at the moment.

I can send you a label to return the watch for a refund but the the order number you have provided is not a TomTom order number. Our order numbers start with a 4 and I can find anything under you husband's name.

Can you provide me with a TomTom order number or the email address under which the watch was ordered and I can send you a return label.

If you have further queries do not hesitate to contact me using the response link below.

With Kind Regards

Lisa"
  • Petermac42Petermac42 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I just spoke to Tom tom and they are going to send me a replacement and pick up my Watch for repairs all free of charge it took quite a few minutes on hold but they were quite helpful so we will wait and see what happens, i already have received the shipping label for collection.
  • jvwjvw Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Just like to add that my Golfer watch showed storage full, and will no longer sync to phone.

I tried to download new courses or synchronise but every time the message is that there is a problem and i need to reset.
    Also tried this many times but without succes.
    Hope there be a solution very soon.

Job van Wingaarden
  • Mr HMr H Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have had all of the symptoms mentioned above related to storage full. The watch has been used 3 times having been bought for me as a Christmas present. Currently the only screen I can get depicts a computer and a link to the watch. The buttons do nothing at all. I have tried all the reset methods and have gone round in circles. Clearly this is a major issue that should be communicated to all users. Under the terms of the guarantee I would like a full refund. It is inexcusable and particularly disappointing that a company such as yours can give such a poor response.
    as i stated above my watch was collected by ups this morning and a replacement is due in the next couple of days, i think calling the customer care line will work faster than emails i only rang yesterday and my watch is already picked up
  • LrainvilleLrainville Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I have received a replacement as well.Much faster calling thru Customer care line as Petermac has suggested :) .The question still remains,,Do i dare plug the new watch in the computer as the software might still be a problem? Frustrated!!
  • Mr HMr H Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have now returned my watch through the returns scheme from Amazon where I sourced it and got a full refund. I did this because I realise the Golfer, whilst new, is actually old stock and will not be supported with updates. Now I cannot find a way to delete my Tom Tom registration. Can anyone help please?
  • LeftyAHLeftyAH Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Final update from me. Having been told only a couple of days ago that they had only just managed to replicate the error on a watch ! and were still working on a fix I decided as I'm going away this weekend for a weeks golf in Portugal that enough was enough. Went back to American Golf and told them the story. No problem at all and swapped watch for a Garmin S2, which has updated with no issues and is ready for next week. By the way I understand that TomTom are moving out of the Golf watch business so I'm not sure this problem will ever be solved. Good Luck
  • pm2112pm2112 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I’ve given up too and sent my watch back for a refund; I have lost all confidence in this issue ever being resolved. I’m looking at Garmin watch or handheld device. In general it’s difficult to choose an alternative as all products seem to have some negative reviews relating so software updates not working.
    Just received a package back from TomTom with a letter in it saying my watch could not be repaired and was out of warranty but they still sent me a replacement with all the latest software updates, Plugged it in registered it and all seems to be working fine so far !!!
  • alphatoneralphatoner Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Like many I have this same problem (mine is with two tomtom golfer 1 watches) I have logged a support ticket and also been told it is a know problem and they are working on it.

It would seem to me this is a golf course issue (either a corrupt course or the total courses take up too much space and hence the update fails) Either way this should be a relatively easy fix. But it has now been dragging on for way too long. More people will be affected daily. My guess is the moment anyone plugs their watch and attempts an update they will hit this problem.

The good news is that you are covered under the consumer rights act, even if your watch is out of the usual 1 year warranty (both of mine are) The law is quite specific that items when sold must be serviceable and usable for a "reasonable" period of time. What is reasonable depends on the type of product. In the case electrical goods, this is deemed as 6/7 years. Once it goes past the 1 year stage it then becomes the manufactureres problem not the initial retailer.

The fact that Tomtom have openly admitted it is a known problem and that it is their fault only reinforces this.

It is my intention to give tomtom 1 more week to resolve this. I will then write to them and demand either a fix, a free upgrade to tomtom 2 watch (assuming the 2 is not affected by this issue) or a full refund of both watches. If they fail to do that I intend to take them to the small claims court.
    Petermac42 wrote:
    Just received a package back from TomTom with a letter in it saying my watch could not be repaired and was out of warranty but they still sent me a replacement with all the latest software updates, Plugged it in registered it and all seems to be working fine so far !!!
    Dannyc wrote:
    Petermac42 wrote:
    Just received a package back From American golf where I purchased the watch from wants me to update did you have to plug your new one in or was it already set up ? Worried if I plug this new watch in going to get same issue
  • MikkoSPMikkoSP Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    I now have information from customer service that fix or update would be available within 2 weeks. Let's see if we actually will have update available in February. Just surprised that if they've found reason for the problem, there is no official comment regarding the issue on forum or on any customer info letter.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,899
    Community Manager
    Updating all golf courses in the Settings of TomTom Sports Connect should now solve the issue.

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/golfer-golfer-2-393/fixed-storage-issue-on-golfer-1-1032520