DO NOT RELEASE THE CLOCK MEMORY-RUNNER 3

DMENA
DMENA Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
hello, I have a tom tom runner 3, when I synchronize it with the app it transfers the activities to me worse in the memory of the clock keeps appearing half full does not empty the memory

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,936
    Superuser
    You have some bad data on the watch. Do a factory reset and it will clear it out. To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • WoldsWayWalker
    WoldsWayWalker Registered Users Posts: 21
    Outstanding Explorer
    I experienced the second instance of memory not clearing since the latest release was issued just Christmas. Up until this version I had not had one instance in 18 months. Please fix this, as doing a factory reset is an absolute pain and should not be required on a regular basis to fix what must be a bug in the software.
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    I experienced the second instance of memory not clearing since the latest release was issued just Christmas. Up until this version I had not had one instance in 18 months. Please fix this, as doing a factory reset is an absolute pain and should not be required on a regular basis to fix what must be a bug in the software.
    A factory reset takes less than 5 minutes and is not difficult at all. It is not a bug in the overall system, it is a bug in your specific firmware install and unfortunately the only way to fix it is to do a factory reset.
  • WoldsWayWalker
    Outstanding Explorer
    Thanks for the prompt response. I have reset the watch for the second time now since 1.7.62 was released, and once again the memory indicator has reset, thankfully. The reset in this instance took 2mins 57sec which is significantly less than last time for some reason, so fingers crossed I won't have to do it again. Please note that I had to reset the watch after installing 1.7.62 for the memory issue over two weeks ago, and there has been no problem until yesterday, which is odd for an installation issue - I would expect the problem to re-appear straight afterwards. I just need to go through the settings and set everything back up to my preferences now.
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    Thanks for the prompt response. I have reset the watch for the second time now since 1.7.62 was released, and once again the memory indicator has reset, thankfully. The reset in this instance took 2mins 57sec which is significantly less than last time for some reason, so fingers crossed I won't have to do it again. Please note that I had to reset the watch after installing 1.7.62 for the memory issue over two weeks ago, and there has been no problem until yesterday, which is odd for an installation issue - I would expect the problem to re-appear straight afterwards. I just need to go through the settings and set everything back up to my preferences now.
    Unfortunately, TT has always had buggy software which seems to degrade over time. Thankfully, a factory reset will not cause you to lose any data, the watch syncs when you first plug it in so everything is saved on MySports and your settings are reset afterwards. All you lose is the wheel size in cycling and turning splits on & off in running, as these are watch settings, not user settings. The history is erased from the watch but this clears itself every 10 activities anyway. The music is on a different drive that is untouched during a reset and MySports is not affected.
  • xray79
    xray79 Registered Users Posts: 160
    Renowned Wayfarer
    I have the same issue once in a while had it in several software builds. For some reason the watch together with syncing via the app sometimes corrupts an activity. Factory reset will fix this and not a very big deal but annoying as i have to reset the data in the activity screens again.....
  • WoldsWayWalker
    Outstanding Explorer
    Well it's now the third time it has failed to clear memory, roughly once every two weeks it would appear to happen. As I said before, in the 18 months prior to this software release it never happened once. Very poor. I'm already looking at alternatives - the product I bought is nothing like the product I own now - superficial frills have been added, with useful functionality removed, to what was a capable and reliable product at the start, which is now approaching a gimicky and unreliable piece of junk.
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    Well it's now the third time it has failed to clear memory, roughly once every two weeks it would appear to happen. As I said before, in the 18 months prior to this software release it never happened once. Very poor. I'm already looking at alternatives - the product I bought is nothing like the product I own now - superficial frills have been added, with useful functionality removed, to what was a capable and reliable product at the start, which is now approaching a gimicky and unreliable piece of junk.
    I don't disagree with your decision to leave, but considering TT has left the wearables market and is no longer producing new devices, they are not going to miss you (or any of us). We need to decide if we can live with the watch as it is now with no further development (and possibly no bug fixes) or move to another brand. I personally took the latter approach.
  • WoldsWayWalker
    Outstanding Explorer
    Thanks, and that is very interesting as I had not seen that one coming (the decision to leave). After I had let the frustration drain away, partly helped by my statement from the heart, in my previous posting, I thought long and hard about what to do. I paid £180 18 months ago plus £25 for a 3rd strap after the previous two broke, so after discussing it with my wife I decided the best approach was to keep an eye on the market for now and replace the watch when the next strap inevitably fails, or something else really takes my fancy. On the basis that I don't have to perform a reset more than around 1 in 8 synchs, and it can be done in less than 10 minutes, including resetting preferences on tracking and goals etc, then it does make sense to stick as the watch does seem to perform in between times.
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    Thanks, and that is very interesting as I had not seen that one coming (the decision to leave). After I had let the frustration drain away, partly helped by my statement from the heart, in my previous posting, I thought long and hard about what to do. I paid £180 18 months ago plus £25 for a 3rd strap after the previous two broke, so after discussing it with my wife I decided the best approach was to keep an eye on the market for now and replace the watch when the next strap inevitably fails, or something else really takes my fancy. On the basis that I don't have to perform a reset more than around 1 in 8 synchs, and it can be done in less than 10 minutes, including resetting preferences on tracking and goals etc, then it does make sense to stick as the watch does seem to perform in between times.
    They actually announced they were leaving months ago. I think the continued issues were a large driver and the reason we are not seeing them resolved is the laid off most of the sports division staff so there is no one to fix it.