Surely TomTom needs to sort this syncing or lack thereof in the devices! — TomTom Community

Surely TomTom needs to sort this syncing or lack thereof in the devices!

DvwoolyDvwooly Posts: 6 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited March 2018 in Runner & Multi-Sport
To ask people to jump through hoops to enable the watches to do the basic of functions is outrageous and that is being polite!

I am very disappointed that my watch has stop syncing and I daresay I want a simple solution or a different watch or whatever!

I want to run, come home and be able to analyse my run and I don't think thats too much to ask for since thats what the watch promised!!!!!!!

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,396
    Superusers
    It is unfortunate (to say the least) that TT is not able to remedy this issue, but seeing that TT has already left the wearables market and is not producing any new devices, they really have no incentive to pursue this. It is not like they will lose customers as they are not selling any more watches, so we are really at their whim as to whether they fix it. In the meanwhile, you can still sync by computer and it is really not the end of the world to have to wait a few minutes to see the data from your run. Up until a year or two ago that was the only option available.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • DvwoolyDvwooly Posts: 6 [Neophyte Traveler]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    It is unfortunate (to say the least) that TT is not able to remedy this issue, but seeing that TT has already left the wearables market and is not producing any new devices, they really have no incentive to pursue this. It is not like they will lose customers as they are not selling any more watches, so we are really at their whim as to whether they fix it. In the meanwhile, you can still sync by computer and it is really not the end of the world to have to wait a few minutes to see the data from your run. Up until a year or two ago that was the only option available.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
    I'd be happy if it could be done and I only had to wait a few minutes. However, none of my runs since Dec 4th has been synced, neither on my phone nor via computer! It may be that I am weird but I cannot tell you how frustrated I am by it! The runs are in my watch, I cannot get it synced.

Via computer it tells me my watch is up to date and has been synced but those runs after 4th Dec is nowhere to be seen!

I can't seem to make it work regardless of what I try. Factory reset is none an option if it means I lose 3 years of data :sweat:
    Dvwooly wrote:
    To ask people to jump through hoops to enable the watches to do the basic of functions is outrageous and that is being polite!

I am very disappointed that my watch has stop syncing and I daresay I want a simple solution or a different watch or whatever!

I want to run, come home and be able to analyse my run and I don't think thats too much to ask for since thats what the watch promised!!!!!!!
    Now working on computer as if by magic...thank you very much indeed
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0