Adventurer Skiing — TomTom Community

Adventurer Skiing

Tim InspiredTim Inspired Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
:skier:I am thinking of buying the Adventurer.

Can I record, upload or create a ski route - multiple lifts & pistes - and then save it as a 'route/itinerary' for others to then use?

Seasons greetings all!

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,576
    Superusers
    Theoretically, if you record it in one activity using GPS you can save it as a GPX which others can use, but there will be no differentiation between the lifts and runs, it will just be a breadcrumb line for them to follow, which is probably not what you want.

I would take care with your buying decision considering TT has left the wearables market and is not producing any new devices (and never even released the Adventurer in the US), I would assume at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes. I would not expect much more development so what you get in the box will likely be all there is. There are also major connectivity and battery drain issues that have not been resolved in over three months.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • SoutajaSoutaja Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    You can create routes with multiple applications/apps/web services save them as a GPX file on local storage and upload that file to TomTom MySports web service (PLANNING/TRAILS/Upload trail). After synchronization that trail will be available on the watch.

You could create s single GPX route over all the pistes and lifts you want someone to take and share that. Now that trail would not distinguish between skiing and riding a lift but it should be obvious to someone following the trail what to do when encountering a lift.