Split screen application on Go Mobile App

JorgoswJorgosw Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi,
I have android device in my car, it is based on 7.1 Android, and it has one cool feature: it supports split screen, so i can have navigation on half of the screen and the spotify on the other, unfortunetaly tomtom application has locked the split screen mode, do you know if it possible to enable this feature?

The second issue i have is zooming out in navigation mode, i can not zoom out to see the whole road, and to see if there are any traffic jams, i can zoom out to see no more than about 1km in front of my car, sometimes I need to check more without leaving navigation mode.

Do you know how to fix any of these?

Comments

• YembleYemble Posts: 42 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    In Settings --> Developer Options enable the Force activities to be resizable option.

I often use split screen on the Galaxy NotePro 12.2 tablet, with TomTom in the primary window and AlpineQuest in the secondary window. The problem with TomTom is that it does not keep the GPS active when running in the secondary window. Alpine Quest, on the other hand, keeps the GPS and map position updates, active in either window. So this is a bug in TomTom.

To switch between map plan view and road driving view, simply tap on the arrow immediately above the +/- buttons.
  • JorgoswJorgosw Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Okay,
    I have enabled the split screen in Developers tools, because TomTom has locked it. So when I open the App in split screen it stops displaying after few seconds (up to 5 min), and I need to touch screen to refresh... Really annoying...
  • YembleYemble Posts: 42 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    TomTom is a resource hog, so dependng upon your satnav spec, split screen may not be viable. All my devices have fast multi-core CPUs and 32Gb device RAM (Moto X Force, Moto X Style, Moto G5S+ and Galaxy NotePro). These will all run TT in split screen with AlpineQuest, but with the caveat/bug that I mentioned previously. I have run this mode on the NotePro for several hours without issue.

Before giving up, make sure that you have the TT power saving mode set to Basic, as this has a huge impact upon CPU stress.

Also, I suggest installing the GPS Status & Toolbox app, which can help keep the GPS alive in background.

Remember that TT MUST always be in the active (primary focus) screen for it to update its position via GPS, which is, indeed, very annoying! In your case, maybe Spotify is stealing the primary focus from TT for its own updates?
  • JorgoswJorgosw Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I don't care about power saving (device is ALWAYS connected to the power so the power saving is disabled), also the processor isn't really bad: 8 core Samsung Exynos5422 with Mali-T628 MP6 and 2GB DDR3 RAM.

What can I say... Google Maps can work in split mode without any hangs... So it seems as software, not hardware. I will try with the primary window, and I have similiar GPS status app in the background