Carminat- ‘menu’ button has stopped working — TomTom Community

Carminat- ‘menu’ button has stopped working

jezthewezjezthewez Posts: 3
edited January 2019 in Built in car navigation
I have a Renault laguna with a built in TOMTOM Carminat. It was fine up to last week when the ‘menu’ button has stopped working completely. Have tried updating the SD Card… nothing. Any ideas?

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,888 Moderator
    Hi jezthewez

Welcome to the community:)

I would suggest you do a soft reset on the device and see if you are able to access the menu?

Should that not help then for advanced troubleshooting, please contact our customer service.

Regards
    Vikram
  • CarminatCarminat Posts: 988 [Revered Pioneer]
    VikramK - have you any suggestion as to how he accesses a soft reset? If the menu button doesn't work he won't be able to access anything at all! It's a built in device, not a portable one, he doesn't have the option to hold down the power button for the drum roll reset!

jezthewez does the touchscreen work? If so, go through the menu to the factory reset if that is a solution, but I guess the most likely solution is to go to the Renault dealership to get the button fixed.
  • Hi - not a touchscreen! Soft reset by switching off engine/removing card....! Hasnt fixed it - so think I am heading for customer service etc.
    Thanks for advice...