Notifications and sync with iPhone 6

Morrison741
Morrison741 Registered Users Posts: 7
Master Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
been Using a pebble watch for couple of years but thought I’d up grade - debating with myself whether to get a spark 3 or garmin I thought I’d go for the spark 3 due to its maps and notifications, bought today and doesn’t stay connected to the iPhone 6 for any long than 1 min, even in that time if it is connected and I send myself a text it doesn’t show on the watch - what the hells going on!

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    If you search the forums you will find this is a known issue for some users with the new update. They are reportedly working on a fix, but no timeline has been communicated. In the meanwhile you always have the option of syncing via computer. If you go to this post and ask the moderator to roll back your firmware version it should fix it, although you will lose the Fitness Points and Fit age features:

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/unable-to-pair-sync-after-update-to-firmware-v1-7-53-runner-and-spark-watch-series-1030088

And even when you do get ti to work, all you will get for notifications are those from the native phone and text apps, not third-party apps (like Facebook messenger or What's App). And all you get is single notification alert on a single screen, you cannot scroll through to recall missed ones or interact with it in any way. It essentially just telling you to look at your phone.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Morrison741
    Master Traveler
    Thanks, wish I knew that before buying
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    Thanks, wish I knew that before buying
    If it is not too late you may want to consider returning it and going with another brand. I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Morrison741
    Master Traveler
    Just checked and it’s not had the update yet - I haven’t plugged into computer yet
This discussion has been closed.