Adding POI to multiple devices — TomTom Community

Adding POI to multiple devices

chris8628chris8628 Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
Morning,
I am adding a number of devices registered to my account. I have a few POI file that I have uploaded to My Drive (My Places).
My issue is that the first device appears to have synced the POIs but the remaining devices will not sync when connected.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Chris

Comments

• chris8628chris8628 Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Forgot to add I have VIA52 devices
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,269
    Superusers
    Hi
    For the MyDrive Web (v2) Route planner to sync with Multple devices
    All of the devices need to use the same Email and Password
    The MyDrive Web (v2) Route planner will then sync to all the devices either Over The Air or via USB as applicable

I find it best for the initial syncing to be over USB Cable, the transfer is almost instant, especially large .Ov2 files or large numbers of POI files (I run 107 POI on my devices)
    (1)... You will need your device connected to you PC via a Tomtom USB cable...
    (2)... MyDriveConnect running in the background
    (3)... The MyDriveRoute Planner running, to be able to add whatever data you want to synchronize across you device/s
    (4)... If you have multiple devices you can only connect one device at a time over USB... Each device must be logged into the MyDrive menu on the device with the same Email address and Password that you used for the MyDriveConnect account

The Menu path to log into MyDrive on the devices.....
    NAV4 devices............ MyDrive Menu path = (....Menu) > Tomtom Services > MyDrive
    NAV5 Wifi devices.... MyDrive Menu path = (....Menu) > Settings > MyDrive
    Note... The only way to change a password on the device is via a Factory Reset

The MyDriveRoute Planner HERE... https://mydrive.tomtom.com

When transfering Planned routes or Destinations across mutiple devices... Having all of your devices on the same password and email address can give a glitch with the Live and BYOC devices
    See Cut and Paste below
    We have 3 Go 5100 devices and just recently we have a problem whereby any selected destination is sent to the other 2 devices and vice versa. Has anyone else come across this and if so how do we get them unlinked??

If you prefer the single global account across the three devices where the user only has to load the POI’s/Favorites once to the single global Cloud Account
    There is a workaround try..... Logging out of MyDrive on all of the devices
    When you need to sync the route file... Log back into MyDrive on the device/s you wish to sync the data
    I use this method with five devices... After all, you only need to enter the password, the device remembers the email address

But If your not happy logging in/out of MyDrive on 6000's and you wish to use the 6000's, you will need to set up a MyDrive account with different Email and password for each device... the downside is you will need to set up and maintain multiple MyDrive Online Route Planner accounts for any MyPlaces, POI's and Routes you wish to sync to the individual devices

I maintain three NAV4 devices GO 5000, Start 60, Rider 400 and two NAV5 (Wifi) GO 520, 620 by simply logging in/out of MyDrive
    I use a single password across all the devices... You only need to enter the password, the device remembers the email address
    Most of the time on the individual devices I am out logged of MyDrive and only log in to sync data as required, then log out again

Note..... Logging out of MyDrive on the device does not stop the device receiving Tomtom Traffic and live services info The above does not work in the USA the Live Traffic system is different to UK/Europe

ATB YFM
    Thank you for the replies.

I am setting up each new device with a separate name and adding it to the same single account using My Drive Connect and completing all the updates

I am then clicking on 'The smartest route planner' and logging in with the same email account.

I was under the impression the Via 52 would then sync with the POIs in the My Places section that has 4 POI ov2 files in.

Unfortunately this is not happening?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,269
    Superusers
    Hi
    For the MyDrive Web (v2) Route planner to sync with multiple devices
    All of the Nav4/5(Wifi) devices need to use the same Email and Password
    The MyDrive Web (v2) Route planner will then sync to all the devices either Over The Air or via USB as applicable

Try logging into the MyDrive Web using your different passwords and your universal Email Address
    I think you will find your POIs have only been loaded into the one account

ATB YFM
    The VIA 52 is not a WIFI device.

I only have one account that I am adding all my devices to. I am then logging in to the smart planner with the new device still connected to the PC but the POIs are not syncing

bde66b83-aac6-4cde-98c5-63fdefb8b450.png
    6455c3ac-a948-4386-a031-cc72d104ae82.png
    Thank you all for your assistance.

I have found the problem.

I had not entered the email and password into the actual devices under 'TomTom services'- 'network status'.

Have a good Christmas all