Adding POIs to GO51 — TomTom Community

Adding POIs to GO51

peter603peter603 Posts: 6 [Neophyte Traveler]
I've just spent 3 hours trying to work out how I add a POI file (OV2) to my GO51. I understand that I have to do it via MyDrive. I have successfully added the file to MyDrive but I cannot work out how to get my device to connect with MyDrive (though it connects to MyDrive Connect without a problem). It would seem that I need to do this via a mobile phone, which seems bonkers as I live in the country and don't have a mobile signal at my house. I've even tried to park in a layby with a mobile signal and connect my device to mobile via a mobile hotspot on my phone but without success. Is there a simpler way of transferring the POI file to the GO51 eg transferring it to a micro SD card that I have installed in the GO51 device?

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,363
    Superusers
    See here (2 min 10 sec mark:)

[video]
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,067
    Superusers
    Hi
    @peter603
    I find it best for the initial syncing to be over USB Cable, the transfer is almost instant, especially large .Ov2 files or large numbers of POI files (I run 107 POI on my devices)
    (1)... You will need your device connected to you PC via a Tomtom USB cable...
    (2)... MyDriveConnect running in the background
    (3)... The MyDriveRoute Planner running, to be able to add whatever data you want to synchronize across you device/s
    (4)... If you have multiple devices you can only connect one device at a time over USB... Each device must be logged into the MyDrive menu on the device with the same Email address and Password that you used for the MyDriveConnect account

The Menu path to log into MyDrive on the devices.....
    NAV4 devices............ MyDrive Menu path = (....Menu) > Tomtom Services > MyDrive
    NAV5 Wifi devices.... MyDrive Menu path = (....Menu) > Settings > MyDrive

The MyDriveRoute Planner HERE... https://mydrive.tomtom.com

ATB YFM
  • peter604peter604 Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Hi YFM

That's brilliant and it worked! I don't understand why TomTom's own explanation couldn't be as clear as yours. I don't find it very intuitive but I think I could do it again with your instructions to hand. I can't help thinking that something like adding POIs should be very simple indeed, as it was with my original TomTom One, so I don't understand why TomTom felt they had to make it much more complex.

peter603
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,067
    Superusers
    Hi
    Cool, Glad you're sorted :relaxed:

ATB YFM