Sports Watch idea — TomTom Community

Sports Watch idea

someguysomeguy Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
Hi,

Just thinking if tomtom could look at adding a Bitcoin wallet (thin node) into the watch.
Do you bitcoin transfer on the watch, then get back home to sync with blockchain using the USB port (or bluetooth) connected to your laptop connected to the internet.

Good/Bad?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,334
    Superusers
    You are kidding, right? You expect them to spend the time and expense programming to accept a crypto currency with no real backing in the real world? This is the most edge use case I have heard of honestly and will never happen. It is a sports watch and this feature has absolutely nothing to do with the use case for the device. Why don't they also make it into a television remote control? I don't mean to make light of the request, but it is just completely unrealistic and unnecessary.

In any case, TT has announced they are leaving the wearables market and not producing any new devices, so I would expect at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes. I would not expect much more development and certainly not something major like supporting bitcoin.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.