US Maps- Start2 / Classic - Question about map installation — TomTom Community

US Maps- Start2 / Classic - Question about map installation

wx monitorwx monitor Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Search: "I have a TOM TOM Start which works well. I am planning a trip to the US and purchased the appropriate maps.These maps are divided into areas in order to fit the device. I am ony interested in two of them which are qute small in size and would easily fit into the memory. It seems however that you can only have one installed at a time.I now that you can switch by overwriting he instaled map with the new map but since I dont intend carrying a computer with me how can I get both maps onto the device at once. t"

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,308
    Superusers
    Where have you got the purchased maps stored? On the computer?

If so, try using Windows File Manager (or Finder if a Mac) to:
    • Move your existing map on the device to the computer (remember the location where you've stored it
    • Copy US map 1 to the device from the computer
    • Copy US map 2 to the device from the computer
    • Switch maps on the device by Manage maps-->switch maps
    Before doing any of the above, make a manual, not Home, backup of your unit's contents. See here:
    https://www.tomtomforums.com/threads/how-to-backup-the-contents-of-your-unit-to-the-computer-and-how-to-restore-it.17864/
  • wx monitorwx monitor Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you for your input.I had tried your suggested method but the !st installed US map gets overwritten by the attempt to add the second US map.
  • wx monitorwx monitor Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have read a liitle further,the fine print after you buy,that only one map zone can be loaded at a time. Thanks again for your interest.