Spark 3 - Unable to empty memory

Carlou74
Carlou74 Registered Users Posts: 45
Master Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Like many I have been experiencing battery issues on my Spark3. As of today my memory doesn't empty itself when I connect it to usb connector nor via a sync with mobile app.

present software version is 1.7.53

Any idea what needs to be done?

Thanks

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    How do you know it is not clearing the memory? Is the storage bar still partially full under About? If the storage is not clearing when you are syncing there is likely bad data on the watch and you need to do a factory reset to clear it out.

To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • WoldsWayWalker
    WoldsWayWalker Registered Users Posts: 21
    Outstanding Explorer
    I too have the same problem after the latest update 1.7.62. The watch uploads the data to the pc but the storage indicator still shows 2 bars. Spark 2. I don't know whether it is an indicator problem or unusable memory. This cannot be coincidence that others are experiencing the problem after the update. I have not reset the watch, and it does seem a bit poor if the installation process requires this.
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    I too have the same problem after the latest update 1.7.62. The watch uploads the data to the pc but the storage indicator still shows 2 bars. Spark 2. I don't know whether it is an indicator problem or unusable memory. This cannot be coincidence that others are experiencing the problem after the update. I have not reset the watch, and it does seem a bit poor if the installation process requires this.
    Only a factory reset is going to clear out the bad data that is blocking the storage from emptying.
  • WoldsWayWalker
    Outstanding Explorer
    Well after about 15mins it finished the reset and has cleared the memory, so we'll see whether the problem persists. So thanks for that, I sincerely hope I don't need to do this everytime it starts filling up. Also, why are so many people apparently suffering bad data after this release?
  • WoldsWayWalker
    Outstanding Explorer
    I've done a 4.5hr hike today and it uploaded the data to the PC and cleared the memory thankfully. So the reset worked for me. Ity may be prudent for Tomtom to review its policy on when it releases updates, i.e. not close to Christmas, because if there is a serious problem there will be nobody around to help or fix.
  • Psion
    Psion Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Traveler
    This problem is repeated on my Spark cardio(1). First one month ago. The memory will not be cleared after synchronization. Hard reset helped. Today again the same problem .....
  • WoldsWayWalker
    Outstanding Explorer
    I've just got used to having to reset the watch around every 2 weeks currently which is a pain, particularly having to put it back to how I want it afterwards. Basically there is no excuse for releasing such shoddy software, but there is very little we can do apart from accept it and steer clear of TomTom products in the future (my personal view).
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    I've just got used to having to reset the watch around every 2 weeks currently which is a pain, particularly having to put it back to how I want it afterwards. Basically there is no excuse for releasing such shoddy software, but there is very little we can do apart from accept it and steer clear of TomTom products in the future (my personal view).
    Since TT has left the wearables market and is no longer producing new devices you will have no choice but to steer clear of them.
  • WoldsWayWalker
    Outstanding Explorer
    Thanks to you I was already aware that they had left the wearables market - my comment regarding steering clear of TT products was a personal view that I wouldn't be buying anything TT in future. As I have said, it is a shame because the watch I bought 20 months ago was fine, and in my view TT just made it worse with every bell and whistle they forced on me.
  • Psion
    Psion Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Traveler
    Sad news (for me). I'm a fan of the Tomtom brand. The Spark Cardio watch is great. Of course with a new strip. I am satisfied with tomtom.