TomTom GO Mobile iOS project dead?
Firstly, I've found TomTom Traffic (when the servers are running) to be excellent, up to the minute, and usually within a few hundred metres of where traffic jams start. So kudos to everybody at TomTom for Traffic.
However, the rest your current range of SatNav products like PNDs and iOS apps are just awful. I can't comment on the Android product as I don't have an Android phone. Let me explain:
I first bought a TomTom SatNav in May 2003 (i.e. over 14 years ago) which was TomTom Navigator 2 on a Compaq iPAQ H3970 Pocket PC. I then bought several PNDs (ONE, 730, 950) and then progressed to the TomTom legacy iOS app when I bought my first iPhone. Up until the TomTom 950 Live PND, features were added. After that PND I saw features being removed which is why I never bought any other of your PND products.
The TomTom legacy iOS app wasn't perfect but you could live with it, especially if you used third party software to add custom POIs. By the way custom POIs are essential to me as the built-in ones either don't exist (e.g. my family and friends) or they are inaccurate and don't take you to the exact location. In some cases the built-in POIs are so wrong that they take you to a location where you can't access the places you need (e.g. Waterperry Gardens, Oxfordshire, UK).
Now for the TomTom GO Mobile iOS app. I signed up for it on 14/03/2016. Today is 11/12/2017 i.e. 21 months ago and it's still awful. It's unfinished and lacking a lot of features that I've come to expect for TomTom, simply because previous TomTom products had those features. Looking at the activity in the TomTom GO Mobile iOS area of the forum you'll notice that it's dead compared to when GO Mobile was first released. Even MikkoK is a "Retired Community Manager". I take that to mean that a lot of people have given up on TomTom GO Mobile iOS and also the TomTom brand name. Here are some of the things that have been repeatedly asked for (i.e. fixes and new features) for nearly 2 whole years but TomTom has not done anything:
1. Dangerous lag at junctions and roundabouts followed by screen wobble for over correction.
2. Display not so easy to read. Also screen display switched between distance and time to go but need both at all times.
3. Uses fractions instead of easier to read decimals when set to miles – when set to km miraculously get decimals.
4. Next instruction isn’t shown until with 2 miles.
5. No advance planning where you can set the day or time.
6. Right hand info bar is useless and configuration options almost non-existent.
7. 3D maps are annoying, to large (e.g. Europe is over 6GB as opposed to 2GB).
8. Cannot report map problems or mark a road as closed for SatNav to take into account.
9. No POIs show on route. No MyDrive support. More importantly Custom POIs are not supported.
10. No URL Scheme, so another app cannot start SatNav or use a URL in an email to start app with destination
In Late November 2017, TomTom sent me a questionnaire and stated that "We always strive to improve our products and your experience using them. This is your chance to make your voice heard and share your ideas. We are listening". Why hasn't TomTom listened to this forum's members to improve the GO Mobile iOS app?
TomTom also asked for beta testers, does this mean that the TomTom GO Mobile iOS project is dead?