Conservation of the watch strap

Alez
Alez Registered Users Posts: 92
Master Explorer
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hello, any advice for the conservation of the watch strap that prevents the silicone from losing properties, cracking or getting hard?
Could you put some kind of cream?
Thank you very much.

Comments

• Alez
    Alez Registered Users Posts: 92
    Master Explorer
    I found this, what is your opinion?

- Cleaning: Clean with running water at least once every two weeks. If you have a lot of dirt you can use a neutral soap.
    Once washed, it should dry properly.
    Avoid hot water.
    - Silicone oil: You could apply silicone oil at least once a year to moisturize and protect it externally.
    - Storage: Store the watch protected from light and moisture.
  • dpelchat
    dpelchat Registered Users Posts: 48
    Prominent Wayfarer
    I rinse mine under water every day and after workouts. I've had my watch almost two years and changed the strap only once.
  • TomFB
    TomFB Registered Users Posts: 8
    Master Explorer
    Hi dpelchat - interesting to read your reply: my second strap is now starting to break badly at the end of two years (I haven't bothered to wash it usually). I guess it would be better if the hardware that comes with the watch was more durable...
  • dpelchat
    dpelchat Registered Users Posts: 48
    Prominent Wayfarer
    TomFB wrote:
    Hi dpelchat - interesting to read your reply: my second strap is now starting to break badly at the end of two years (I haven't bothered to wash it usually). I guess it would be better if the hardware that comes with the watch was more durable...

Totally agree... I'll try the Adventurer strap next time I break one!
  • TomFB
    TomFB Registered Users Posts: 8
    Master Explorer
    I asked elsewhere about the adventurer strap: I’m not convinced that is the solution... https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/tomtom-adventurer-488/adventurer-watch-strap-durability-1029921