TomTom Rider 400 Postcode search

CavywavyCavywavy Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 27 in RIDER
Hi,

I recently brought a tomtom rider 400 for my motorbike but it dosnt seem to allow me to search for a postcode.

Does anyone know how you do this or get the feature activated its a basic function on all my other tomtom's

Andrew

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,504 Superusers
    Hi
    Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) Tap Search... Enter Postcode (Without a space)

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'

My mobile has know problem in this respect but that uses google maps something that TomTom has decided to move away from.
  • tugmantugman Posts: 333 [Revered Navigator]
    It would be helpfull if the pencil icon was on the opposite side of the page and not hiding the reply icon or the reply icon showed first on a mobile page.
    I have just written this reply twice becaue I used the pencil to post which appears to cancel the first attempt.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,504 Superusers
    Hi
    tugman wrote:
    I would not always rely on postcodes as recently mine has started to show my house is in an adjacent turning. If I want a true fix I have to use my next door neighbours house number.
    MyDrive mapping shows my house as being ***7sb and not *** 7rw. It does not know the latter but it always did [Snip]
    Hi
    PNDs haven't got Military grade GPS precision but for general location they are fine
    A Postcode is usually an area, my postcode covers 36 houses the postcode on its own gives house No 14
    A Postcode with a house number prefix will give a more accurate location
    Sat here at my Computer, my House number + postcode gives a journey of 10 yards
    House No 1 + postcode gives a journey of 200 yards
    Using Google Earths Path measuring tool... The distance from my house to house No 1 gives 195.79 yards, so pretty good :grinning:
    But a lot depends on the data Tomtom enters into the maps

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'