Warn when paused and moving- Adventurer — TomTom Community

Warn when paused and moving- Adventurer

bormiobormio Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
Hi-

I sometimes forget to un-pause the watch, or sometimes bump the watch and it pauses- it would be awesome if the phone could have the option to vibrate/beep to let the user know that they're moving with the watch paused.

Thanks!

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,816
    Superusers
    How would it do this, since the sensors are paused when you are paused so it would not know you are moving? Even if they were not, GPS is not static it is always bouncing around even when standing still so it would still think you are moving a bit. They could put an algorithm into filter that out, but why bother when the simple solution is for users to remember to pause their watches? Sometimes it is too easy to over-engineer a solution to a simple problem.

In any case, since TT has left the wearables market and is not producing new devices I highly doubt they are going to start adding new features now. I would expect bug fixes only (if that) from now on.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • bormiobormio Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I assumed the gps was not paused so one would be able to set a minimum speed and a duration per sport over which vibration/sound alerts would fire. For example, if I'm biking > 10mph for a 10 seconds ( to exclude gps wander when stationary) then i'm obviously on the move again and the watch should let me know that it's still paused.

It seems like the duration would need to be longer as the speed threshold was lower to exclude false positives (for example when walking).

I didn't realize TT was out of this market, that's too bad.

Thanks.