Version 10 of the TomTom Sports app is available — TomTom Community

Version 10 of the TomTom Sports app is available

JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,174
Community Manager
TomTom Runner 3 / Runner 2 / Spark 3 / Spark / Adventurer watches:
  • On the Latest tab and on Today’s summary we now show your progress towards reaching your daily goal more clearly.
TomTom Golfer watches:
  • With this release the TomTom Sports app now supports Golfer watches. We have ensured a seamless migration of your existing golf rounds and details to the Sports app. Your rounds are now stored in the cloud.
  • The TomTom Sports app now presents details such as tee shot pattern, putts, greens in regulation and scores for your golf rounds and also adds support for sharing golf activities.
  • The TomTom Sports app now shows trends such as greens in regulation, average putts per round, tee shot pattern and the ultimate for all the golf rounds played.

Comments

• SatishGSatishG Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the android app V 10 and Spark3 with Music on firmware 1.7.62 . I'm facing problems updating the QuickGPSfix using the Android App. Whenever I pair my watch with the mobile, after syncing the activities, the status under the progress bar shows ' updating quickGPS' but it suddenly stops processing when the progress bar reaches around 75% . Is there a solution for this ?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,677
    Superusers
    SatishG wrote:
    I have the android app V 10 and Spark3 with Music on firmware 1.7.62 . I'm facing problems updating the QuickGPSfix using the Android App. Whenever I pair my watch with the mobile, after syncing the activities, the status under the progress bar shows ' updating quickGPS' but it suddenly stops processing when the progress bar reaches around 75% . Is there a solution for this ?
    You should be able to fix it for your watch by following these steps (make sure you have installed the latest version of Connect if prompted):

1) Plug the watch into the computer and in MySports Connect, click the Gear Icon
    2) Press CTRL (Windows) or CMD (MAC) on your keyboard while you hover your mouse over the reset button.
    3) You'll see the reset button turns into a "Turn Off" button.
    4) Click it, disconnect the watch and the screen will go dead.
    5) Reconnect the watch and it will wake up and quick fix should now update as usual.
    @tfarabaugh

Thanks for the reply.

However, these steps require the MyConnect installed on the computer, which is not very convenient, especially, when you are travelling for a run and notice that the watch shows that it needs the QuickGPS to be updated.

Continuing my story, I later connected my watch to the computer where MySports Connect is installed. The QuickGPS was updated and the watch locked onto GPS on my next run :grinning:.
    However, when I paired the watch with the mobile again , after syncing the activities, it again showed the status 'updating quickGPS' and suddenly stopped when the progress was around 75%. Now the app shows that QuickGPS is not updated (by a red x in the watch status) while the watch shows that QuickGPS is updated. Fortunately, it is connecting to the GPS and my next runs did not have any problem.

I think the app needs the fix urgently .

I actually raised this issue on another forum about Updating QuickGPS and received reply from a fellow user about how he found the root cause of the problem and how he fixed it by writing an Android app himself. He has given links to his app and the detailed instructions. See the link below.

Updating QuickGPS

Regards
    Superusers
    SatishG wrote:
    @tfarabaugh

Thanks for the reply.

However, these steps require the MyConnect installed on the computer, which is not very convenient, especially, when you are travelling for a run and notice that the watch shows that it needs the QuickGPS to be updated.

Continuing my story, I later connected my watch to the computer where MySports Connect is installed. The QuickGPS was updated and the watch locked onto GPS on my next run :grinning:.
    However, when I paired the watch with the mobile again , after syncing the activities, it again showed the status 'updating quickGPS' and suddenly stopped when the progress was around 75%. Now the app shows that QuickGPS is not updated (by a red x in the watch status) while the watch shows that QuickGPS is updated. Fortunately, it is connecting to the GPS and my next runs did not have any problem.

I think the app needs the fix urgently .

I actually raised this issue on another forum about Updating QuickGPS and received reply from a fellow user about how he found the root cause of the problem and how he fixed it by writing an Android app himself. He has given links to his app and the detailed instructions. See the link below.

Updating QuickGPS

Regards
    This is a one-time step to fix a known issue with the GPSFix file, it should not be required every time. As to the other user with his own app I personally would not recommend it as you have no idea what kind of malware is built into it (and you would need to jailbreak your phone or sideload it to install it as it is not available through the Android store) and you will eliminate TomTom Support as they will not be able to help you if you use an unauthorized program. I also doubt it will help the issue you are seeing, but that is up to you.
    hi @tfarabaugh ,

apologies I misynderstood that these steps would required everytime. I followed the steps and did a 'turn off'. I also updated the watch to 1.7.64. However the problem has appeared again .

Since a couple of days, my watch is showing that the QuickGPS needs update. I am again facing the same problem . It is not getting updated over android app. Is there any other workaround ?

Hope the Tomtom app development team can look into this.

Cheers !
    Superusers
    You need to update QuickGPS every three days by design as that at is how long the satellite location data is good for. After three days you get the reminder to update and it will take longer to attain satellites. It is updating just fine and will need to be updated (which is done whenever you sync) every three days at a minimum.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
    Hi @tfarabaugh

Thanks for the reply.

Actually the problem has not been resolved even after following the steps that you gave to turn-off the watch.

I'm facing problems updating the QuickGPSfix using the Android App. Whenever I pair my watch with the mobile, after syncing the activities, the status under the progress bar shows ' updating quickGPS' but it suddenly stops processing when the progress bar reaches around 75% .
  • dURodURo Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    TomTom Runner 3 / Runner 2 / Spark 3 / Spark / Adventurer watches:
    • On the Latest tab and on Today’s summary we now show your progress towards reaching your daily goal more clearly.
    TomTom Golfer watches:
    • With this release the TomTom Sports app now supports Golfer watches. We have ensured a seamless migration of your existing golf rounds and details to the Sports app. Your rounds are now stored in the cloud.
    • The TomTom Sports app now presents details such as tee shot pattern, putts, greens in regulation and scores for your golf rounds and also adds support for sharing golf activities.
    • The TomTom Sports app now shows trends such as greens in regulation, average putts per round, tee shot pattern and the ultimate for all the golf rounds played.

Hi,
    please could you let me know where in Sports App, Swimming activity I will find the distance, laps count, swimming pool length I swam?
    In Summary I can only see - time, Energy, Speed, Strokes, that is all. In Splits part I Can only see the Time and Speed for every split.
    Thank you
    Juraj