Map location lagging behind actual position- GO MOBILE app-GPS issue

Joshua.PJoshua.P Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
Hi - I'm running 1.17.1 on Android (Samsung Note Eight) and recently I've noticed that when navigating the map location is often 50m behind where I really am. Most noticiable on roundabouts - I gone past it and TT is showing get to get on to it.

There have been problems before with GPS accuracy (which have been fixed) and jsut wondering if anyone else is having the same problems?

Comments

• YembleYemble Posts: 42 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    First, make sure that your Android Location mode is set to "High Accuracy".

If you are seeing a constant positional error, then your AGPS data assist is probably wrong. The best way to get this automatically updated every day is with the indispensible "GPS Status" app. This is always the first app that I install on any GPS enabled device. It reduces the GPS time to fix and ensures that the position is always accurate.

If the issue is worse in built up areas, then it could be due to excessive 3D rendering of buildings. TT is a lot more responsive when the Basic Power Saving mode is selected.
  • cruiZercruiZer Posts: 58 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Yemble wrote:
    The best way to get this automatically updated every day is with the indispensible "GPS Status" app.

Can you post a link to that app, or give the name of the developer?
    I see two similar name.
    Thanks
  • Joshua.PJoshua.P Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Hi,
    Thanks for the recommendation. Accuracy is set to high and tried the app - but it hasn't made any difference. App still lags behind actual position. Note - it is fine on Google Maps so not sure if it is a problem with the device.
  • YembleYemble Posts: 42 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    cruiZer wrote:
    Yemble wrote:
    The best way to get this automatically updated every day is with the indispensible "GPS Status" app.
    Can you post a link to that app, or give the name of the developer?
    I see two similar name.
    Thanks
    It is actually called "GPS Status & Toolbox"... well worth buying the PRO version.