My run route hasn't recorded correctly

JezR
JezR Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I went on a run today, an organised 5 miler. The route was two laps to make the full distance. When the rote has downloaded, a significant corner has been cut from the route. It's almost as if it stopped recording and then picked up position again and drew a straight line between. This has under recorded the distance by about 0.4 mi.es and has messed up the average pace etc. Also, it has given me a segment record in Strava (which I definitely didn't do? Is there anything I can do about this, or is the data lost? Any suggestions welcome. Thanks

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    It must have lost GPS momentarily, which is why it gave you a straight line as it connects the last two recorded points. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about it, you cannot edit the GPS data. The data is not lost, it was never there to begin with. some programs like SportTracks desktop version will allow you to drag and drop the track to match the route but you cannot get it from there into MySports or Strava.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.