Adventurer watch — TomTom Community

Adventurer watch

Marco PietMarco Piet Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
Good evening, I have a simple question, is not there a stand on the adventure that the phone is put in a sleep mode, so the battery does not use power?
Nowadays every device has such a stand on it.

Comments

• CatNipCatNip Posts: 480 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    I believe this has been asked before and, at least for the newer devices, the answer was:

"Press (power button) once for Sleep Mode

Press and hold for a second for the Turn Off menu
    "

The Turn Off menu should allow you to turn power off completely (I think), rather than just put it in sleep mode.

I am not sure now how to do this with older devices, such as a Start 25. Anyone know?
  • Marco PietMarco Piet Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    good morning, unfortunately this does not work on the tomtom adventure from 2017
  • CatNipCatNip Posts: 480 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Sorry for my misunderstanding.

I see from about a year or so ago, when this question was asked about the Spark 3 watch, the answer was you can't completely turn it off. So, unless anyone knows differently, I expect that is the answer for your Adventurer.

Discussion
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,816
    Superusers
    You really do not need to turn it off, when it is in clock mode all the radios and sensors are off so it really is not using much power (just make sure the activity tracker is off by going to Tracker>Goals>Off) and the battery will last for weeks. If you really want to shut it off completely, follow these steps, but you will need a computer to turn it off and on.

1) Plug the watch into the computer with Sports Connect running, click the gear icon and press and hold CTRL (Windows) or CMD (MAC) on your keyboard while you hover your mouse over the reset button.
    2) You'll see the reset button turns into a "Turn Off" button. Hit this and disconnect the watch and the screen will go dead.
    3) Reconnect the watch and it will wake up.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.