Runner 2, Broken Glass

dyd_dog
dyd_dog Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi all,
I just want to share with you my experience with the support team.
I own a Runner 2 purchased last year and then still covered by the 2 years guarantee.
The external glass got broken and asked the support for a repair.
They told me that such kind of repair have to be paid 95€. Yes 95€!!!
As a option they offered me to purchase a new device with 20% special discount.
It means I would get a new one instead of repairing my device for only 32€ difference.
Do you think it is normal? For me it is obvious they're pushing to purchase new devices instead of repairing the old ones, isn't it?
I do not want a new one, the current runner 2 is working fine but it would cost me like a new one. Furthermore the glass is really the first thing that would easily brake again as it is exposed (maybe its design is not perfect?) and I do not want to be back in the same position in a couple of months.
What is your opinion?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
    Superuser
    TomTom does not offer a repair service and glass breakage is not covered under warranty by TomTom or any other watch manufacturer that I know of. The repair price is actually replacing it with a new device, including all the handling and shipping costs, so it is not unreasonable. As far as a discount goes, they do not have to offer anything at all, as the damage is not covered. I have had my watch for years have dropped it, bumped it, smacked it on rocks and it has never broken, so it is not like the glass is particularly fragile, but it is glass after all, if you damage it, it will break.
  • javurekdavid
    javurekdavid Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hallo, I have not broken glass, but I see it is untied on borders. Is it covered by warraty or not? And is there any possibility to replace it in Czech republic? Thank you for any answer. I hop, that the answer will be send to my e-mail. Thank you very much. David
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
    Superuser
    Hallo, I have not broken glass, but I see it is untied on borders. Is it covered by warraty or not? And is there any possibility to replace it in Czech republic? Thank you for any answer. I hop, that the answer will be send to my e-mail. Thank you very much. David
    This is a user forum, no one from TT is going to reply to your email from here. Call Support and talk to them directly.