TomTom XL 325 — TomTom Community

TomTom XL 325

I tried to update my 325. It did a back up and then when I tried to download the new map, my download got to file "7315,15.bmp" The message states that the file could not be deleted. How do I get past this to finish downloaded the new map?

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,207 Superusers
    When you look at the contents of your device using Windows File Manager, in the specific map folder might you see a file by that (corrupt) name: 7315,15.bmp?

If so, try to manually delete it.
  • DfairbanksDfairbanks Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I deleted the file, then the update told me it stopped the download because it could not open 7315_15.bmp
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,207 Superusers
    Did the download stop or was it during the install process?
  • DfairbanksDfairbanks Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The download stopped during the installation process. I called Tom Tom. They had me reformat the hard drive in the GPS. I had to update several times before the system would completely update, but like a pile driver, persistence finally paid off. Had I stopped with every failed to update, I never would have been able to reload my Tom Tom. I have an old machine with limited internal memory. This Tom Tom has no capability to increase the memory by adding a memory card. Therefore I could only update to a local region.