Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,019 TomTom Moderator
    @sandratafulo_76 @Carlospaco @AnfieldArmy89 If you now perform a factory reset on your watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Give it a test run after this and see if this helps otherwise it might be the case of depleted battery.

Please note that you'll loose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts when on 1.3.255.

Regards, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• CarlospacoCarlospaco Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    @lampard thanks, will give it a try tommorow. Know i am on my work. Thanks in advance Greetz
  • lwa99bgplwa99bgp Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hello,

Can you also please rollback my firmware. Updated to 1.7.64 and battery drains within a couple of hours.

Syncing and night mode are off and have done a reset but no improvement.

Thanks.
  • martymcdmartymcd Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hi @lampard

Would you mind rolling back my firmware also?

Thanks
    Marty
    @lwa99bgp @martymcd Done! Please make a factory reset and the old version will be offered to you in Sports Connect.

Regards, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.

• sandratafulo_76sandratafulo_76 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard thank you for your answer. I already performed the factory reset, the version is now 1.3.255. Today he was charging for a long time but when I started an exercise he just switch off instantly.
    If it is a battery problem, can I buy and replace the battery?
    Thank you again.
    @sandratafulo_76 The watch might have the depleted battery and since it is out of warranty, the repair will be chargeable. Although one of the user commented on this thread about his experience, please see if it helps: https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1655286/#Comment_1655286

Regards, lampard

• CarlospacoCarlospaco Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I made a rollback to 1.3.255, and i must say that the battery is better. 5 days , with 2 hours of exercities with gps. Thats with the first charge after the rollback. Thanks
  • powmonpowmon Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hello
    I have had my spark 3 for only hiking for nearly 2yrs now. I upload gpx trails and get going but i'm very keen for it to last longer as it often dies on me. I have only ever found it to last 6-7 hrs - with everything off. Could I please try a roll back to see if it improves. Many thanks.
  • TomaszTTomaszT Posts: 15 [Master Traveler]
    Hello, i must say software rollback not always is good. I Just buy New batterypack in china and Will test it. In photos u can See oryginal battery From watch. 9dcerg795l52.jpg
    qryx99nlelt5.jpg
  • TomaszTTomaszT Posts: 15 [Master Traveler]
    First test with new battery on 1.3.255 software. Mode: freestyle. Static test in home. Battery goes down after 4:53:23
    Next test i will try on bike with wibration off and fly mode on.
  • SzafarzSzafarz Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    You're still sharing bad software, shame.
    He is not brave enough in tomtom to admit his mistake.
    You have been providing bad software for over a year, which despite the restoration to version 1.3.255 leaves errors with the higher version.
    You are not a serious company, and you do not hold your responsibility for what you are doing, and only clumsily try to alleviate the mistakes of your mistake.
  • SurfinSurfin Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Hi @lampard , I'm the guy who replaced the battery few days ago. The watch is doing great, batterys lasting several days, actually is like new one. At the moment my watch is installed with the previous version ( 1.3.255), I wondering on to update the version to the lastest to use the new features but I'm worried if doing that my battery can start draining fast again. Do you think even with the new battery I can get some battery issues if I update? If you think it´s fine to update, could you please put the lastest version for I update? Thank you.
    @Surfin Done! I've now put you on the latest firmware version and it'll be offered in Sports Connect.

Regards, lampard

• nick19971nick19971 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi @lampard

Could you also please roll back my firmware to 1.3.255?

Thanks
    Nick
  • brcunnbrcunn Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi @lampard I am getting about 12 hours after I charge my watch so could you also please roll back my firmware to 1.3.255 please.
    @nick19971 Your watch is almost 4 years old and might've developed depleted battery. But I've put you on the But make a factory reset on you watch and the old version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Please note that you'll loose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts. See if this improves the situation!

@brcunn Can you please first make a factory reset on your watch to see if the battery lasts longer after that? Once this is done, please switch the automatic syncing off ( SETTINGS > PHONE > MANAGE > SYNCING) and make sure the night mode is disabled (Check SETTINGS > OPTIONS > NIGHT).

Please give it a test run and See if this improves the battery life on your watch otherwise I can put you on old version 1.3.255.

Regards, lampard

• brcunnbrcunn Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]

lampard wrote: »

@brcunn Can you please first make a factory reset on your watch to see if the battery lasts longer after that? Once this is done, please switch the automatic syncing off ( SETTINGS > PHONE > MANAGE > SYNCING) and make sure the night mode is disabled (Check SETTINGS > OPTIONS > NIGHT).

Please give it a test run and See if this improves the battery life on your watch otherwise I can put you on old version 1.3.255.

Regards, lampard

I tried this yesterday even turned of the heart rate senior with no luck @lampard

I would appreciate if I could have a downgrade to 1.3.255 to see if it will works please.
  • GRSASGRSAS Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hello @lampard ,

Can you also please rollback my firmware. My battery has been draining quite quickly.

Syncing and night mode are off and have done a reset but no improvement.

Thank you.
    @brcunn @GRSAS If you now perform a factory reset on your watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect.

Regards, lampard

• ThangTranThangTran Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited August 5
    Dear @lampard,
    I have problem with battery life on my Spark 3. Please link my account to the previous build to fix them
    Tks mod
    @ThangTran Done! Please make a factory reset on your watch and the version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect.

Cheers, lampard

@ThangTran Done! Please make a factory reset on your watch and the version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect.

Cheers, lampard

Wow, so impressive with your response speed. I would maked watch reset right now

Thank you so much

Cheers, lampard

execuse me,
    with the 1.3.255, the watch would not show notification for phone call and sms?
    ThangTran wrote: »
    execuse me,
    with the 1.3.255, the watch would not show notification for phone call and sms?
    Yes... you'll loose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts.

Cheers, lampard