Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• RichardFMRichardFM Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Jimboooo wrote:
    @lampard

I'm also suffering from dreadful battery life on my Runner 2 Cardio+Music after updating to 1.7.64. Please can I be rolled back to 1.3.255?
    and me
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,012 TomTom Moderator
    @Jimboooo @RichardFM Have you seen my comment above? I would advise you to make a factory reset on your watch first and give it a test run after that. We've seen that in some cases, the watch develops the hardware issue (depleted battery) and reverting the firmware back to 1.3.255 doesn't affect the battery drain issue.

Regards, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• RichardFMRichardFM Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    @Jimboooo @RichardFM Have you seen my comment above? I would advise you to make a factory reset on your watch first and give it a test run after that. We've seen that in some cases, the watch develops the hardware issue (depleted battery) and reverting the firmware back to 1.3.255 doesn't affect the battery drain issue.

Regards, lampard
    yes, I've done a factory reset and the battery life is still a fraction of what it was when the watch was new less than two years ago
  • Smash41Smash41 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi I am on software version 1.7.64 and am getting terrible battery life. Only an hour....the watch will completely drain overnight.

Could you please roll back my software to a usable state.

Thanks in advance!
  • stobjoksstobjoks Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Dear @lampard ,

Could you please downgrade my software to 1.3.255? I just received a totally new TomTom Runner 2 Cardio+Music about 2 months ago after I had a hardware-related charging issue which could not be repaired. The new watch has a really bad battery life. I can't even do a 30 min run without de battery level depleting to 0. Also, the indicated battery level keeps on varying after fully charging the watch for a couple of hours. For example, the battery level is indicated as only 1/3rd full if I start an activity straight after full recharge. I tried using factory reset, but it didn't work. I heard 1.3.255 mostly resolves these issues?

Thanks in advance!
    Kind regards.
  • amctamct Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Please can I have a software rollback - the battery on my Runner 2 Cardio is draining far too quickly and I'm having to recharge it more than once a day. I've tried a factory reset which didn't help, but I've read lots of people are having success with a software rollback so I'd like to try that. Many thanks.
    Hi @stobjoks,

We've observed that the battery issue occurs directly after updating the watch to 1.7.64 and can be fixed with a factory reset on it. Also, watch battery drains even after reverting the firmware version back to 1.3.255 in some cases. So my first advise is to make a reset again and test if this improves the situation.

If still no joy, we can put it on the old version 1.3.255. Issues only occurring now are deemed to be related to a depleted battery and not the software version installed on it.

Cheers, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.

• PgliderPglider Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Please Rollback - factory reset did not deliver an improvement in battery life. Thank you!
  • EypEyp Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    @wkeuning @Iambeastx It's best if you can get in touch with our support, report this with the Phone model and Android/iOS version you're using to investigate further.

@mhellm The version 1.3.255 doesn't help in case there's a Bluetooth pairing issue. Can you try re-installing the Sports App and also remove the TomTom_MySports folder from the internal storage of your device?Once this is done, pair the device again from scratch by resetting the connections and removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone, see here: Android
    Let us know how it goes!

Cheers, lampard

Hello lampard,
    I have a Spark 3, since about mid october, the bluetooth pairing is not working any longer. I have a BQ Aquaris X, until mid november (so after the pairing problem started) it was updated to version 8.1.0.
    I tried several times to reset the watch, uninstalled the app and deleted the TomTom_MySports folder before reinstalling the App. Today I tried what you answered mhellm, but it didn't help.

When I try to pair the watch, the app is detecting that I try to connect a watch (the icon is activated and I click on the icon) and the watch displays a code. But the phone is not giving me any possibility to enter the code, and it continues trying to connect.
    What can I do?
    Thank you in advance,

cheers, eyp
    Eyp wrote:
    lampard wrote:
    @wkeuning @Iambeastx It's best if you can get in touch with our support, report this with the Phone model and Android/iOS version you're using to investigate further.

@mhellm The version 1.3.255 doesn't help in case there's a Bluetooth pairing issue. Can you try re-installing the Sports App and also remove the TomTom_MySports folder from the internal storage of your device?Once this is done, pair the device again from scratch by resetting the connections and removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone, see here: AndroidLet us know how it goes!

Cheers, lampard
    Hello lampard,
    I have a Spark 3, since about mid october, the bluetooth pairing is not working any longer. I have a BQ Aquaris X, until mid november (so after the pairing problem started) it was updated to version 8.1.0.
    I tried several times to reset the watch, uninstalled the app and deleted the TomTom_MySports folder before reinstalling the App. Today I tried what you answered mhellm, but it didn't help.

When I try to pair the watch, the app is detecting that I try to connect a watch (the icon is activated and I click on the icon) and the watch displays a code. But the phone is not giving me any possibility to enter the code, and it continues trying to connect.
    What can I do?
    Thank you in advance,

cheers, eyp

I am using software version: 1.7.64
  • stobjoksstobjoks Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @lampard,

According to the PM you sent me, the watch should reset to 1.3.255. However, if I reset the watch, it still shows version 1.7.64. Is there anything I did wrong or any extra steps I should perform?

Thanks,
    Stobjoks.
    Hi Eyp,

Sorry about my late reply!

We've just released a new update for TomTom Sports app (10.0.9) for Android. At first, I would advise you to update the app on your phone and start from scratch to reset the connections by removing the existing Bluetooth bondings from your smartphone, see here: Android

Let us know how it goes!

Cheers, lampard

lampard wrote:
    Hi Eyp,

Sorry about my late reply!

We've just released a new update for TomTom Sports app (10.0.9) for Android. At first, I would advise you to update the app on your phone and start from scratch to reset the connections by removing the existing Bluetooth bondings from your smartphone, see here: Android
    Let us know how it goes!

Cheers, lampard

Dear lampard,

thank you for message, I updated the app to 10.0.9. I removed all devices bonded through Bluetooth, without success. I also tried on another smartphone on which the watch was never bonded, with the same result. Unfortunately the new version of the app had no effect on my problem.
    Cheers, Eyp
  • TomTomBattery2019TomTomBattery2019 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have done all the other steps and done a reset (many times) my Spark 3-Music running watch. My battery still drains in less than 1 hr. Can you please roll back my version to 1.3.255 or to a software version that is more stable?
    thank you!!!
  • EtiennegEtienneg Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Please roll-back my software version of my Tomtom Spark watch. It just stopped charging from working perfectly. I am on software version 1.7.64.
  • bruce1989bruce1989 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    @lampard

Please roll back my software version from 1.7.64

I have factory reset to try and fix the battery issue, but now the watch will not pair with my phone (iPhone 8).

I'm not sure if the battery issue is fixed either.

Steps I've tried;
    1. Uninstall TomTom Sports app
    2. Forget device via phone (Settings > Bluetooth)
    3. Re-install app
    4. Add a new device (in app)
    5. Phone > pair new (on watch)
    At which point the pin only shows for a second on the watch and then disappears.

So it is not possible to pair to my phone now.
  • ItalyRunner73ItalyRunner73 Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Gps usage of TomTom Spark 2 reaches 4h. Already tried soft and hard reset, no improvement. I kindly ask a rollback from 1.7.64. Thanks
    @TomTomBattery2019 @Etienneg @ItalyRunner73 If you've already tried a factory reset and it didn't improve the battery life, I'm afraid it might be the case of a depleted battery. However I've now put you on the version 1.3.255 and if you make a factory reset on the watch, it'll be offered in Sports Connect to download. See if it improves the situation!

@bruce1989 Your watch already has the version 1.7.64 installed on it.

Cheers, lampard

@lampard
    @bruce1989 Your watch already has the version 1.7.64 installed on it.

Yes, but I need rolled back to an earlier version (i.e. "Please roll back my software version from 1.7.64")

Can you roll me back to 1.3.255?
  • Sosu221Sosu221 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard

Reading through this thread, I use a Tomtom Runner 2 - since upgrading to 1.7.64 I am unable to reliably sync to my iPhone 7.

When I had this issue previously, I was advised to do a 'factory reset in recovery mode' to return me to version 1.3.255

I accidentally updated to 1.7.64. I tried the reset, but it returns me to 1.7.64.

Please can I be downgraded to the last working version for me - 1.3.255

Many thanks.
  • mgauecamgaueca Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard

Please roll back my software version from 1.7.64. Thanks!
    @Sosu221 I would advise you to close all the running apps on your iPhone by double-clicking Home button and drag all running apps up to exit them. Then, reset your iOS device pressing the Home and On/Off buttons at the same time and hold them until the Apple logo appears (about 10-15 seconds). Once this is done, start from the scratch and reset the connections by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone, see here: iOS

@bruce1989 I can see that your watch is nearly 2 years old so it must be the case of depleted battery and rolling back to version 1.3.255 won't help in this case. For pairing issues, please follow the steps above and it should do the trick.

@mgaueca What's the issue you're facing? If it's battery related, please see my response here.

Thanks, lampard

@lampard
    I can see that your watch is nearly 2 years old so it must be the case of depleted battery and rolling back to version 1.3.255 won't help in this case.

The watch battery worked perfectly until the new software version was installed on it. It now doesn't hold a full charge.

I'd expect a £180 watch to last for longer than nearly 2 years!

I request a rollback to 1.3.255 please - if it doesn't work then we know it's a depleted battery.

Thank you
  • pmounierpmounier Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard

Since i updated my tomtom runner 3 to 1.7.64 i face a battery drain issue.
    I have done a reset but my battery still drains in less than 1 hr. Can you please roll back my firmware to a version that is more efficient ?

Thank you
  • mgauecamgaueca Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard

Yes, my problem is a battery drain problem. I followed the recommendations of the link, but the problem persist (I also try a factory reset in recovery mode).