Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• JNWadeJNWade Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    @lampard Thank you for the quick help! I performed the software downgrade and will be testing it over the next few days.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 3,962 TomTom Moderator
    Hi All,

From what we've seen so far that a factory reset/reverting the firmware back to 1.3.255 doesn't affect the battery drain issue in some cases where the watch develops the hardware issue (depleted battery). You can contact our support if the watch is under warranty to request a replacement.

@RuudLobel we would like to know when did you actually installed the update 1.7.64? Was there an issue with the battery right away after installing 1.7.64 or it just developed now?

@Crotsta Done! The version 1.7.64 will be offered to you in Sports Connect.

Cheers, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• RuudLobelRuudLobel Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard , i
    I'm not sure when 1.7.64 became available, but my battery issues started beginning of
    July. Normally i install updates as soon as announced in tomtom connect.
    After the factory reset the battery lasts a bit longer, but I notice all that when after fully charging I take it off the charger the battery indicator is not full after less than a minute.

Could be a battery defect, my runner is 2 years old now, but I still suspect a software issue as reset resulted in a better performance. I also noticed that since recent updates the backlight comes on at irregular moments, e.g. when covered by my sleeve or when swimming.
    Hi RuudLobel,

It seems that your watch developed a hardware fault as the initial 1.6.26 software release was more than a year ago. If the battery issues would be related to a bug, they should have occurred then.

Cheers, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.

• MyeniEPMyeniEP Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Please upload me with version 1.3.255 as I have done numerous factory resets as per recommendations but I still do not get battery measure icon fixed.
    This version has been recommended in forum. just want to try
  • Txu_sTxu_s Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard ,
    I would like to downgrade the firmware of my adventurer. In fact, since V 1.7.64, i can’t syncronize it with my iphone. I tried with one samsung A8 with same result (synchronize stops in 9%). I did many reset factorys...
    Can you help me ?
    Thank you by advance for your help.
  • J TJ T Posts: 1
    I ran my first half marathon today and was very disappointed when my battery died at 2h04. It was fully charged before the run and advertises a lot longer time. It is a year old, and I turned off the hr sensor and did not play music so basically only GPS was activated...
  • hllong1976hllong1976 Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    My runner 3 watch when full year charged will only last for around 2 hours. It's very disappointing, I ran my first marathon yesterday but only the first half recorded. What could be wrong?
  • AgnieszkamojAgnieszkamoj Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    [user=93]Jürgen[/user] Hi, can I please request a roll back to 1.3.255. Thanks
    @Txu_s The old version 1.3.255 rollback only helps in case of battery issue with the watch.I would advise you to start from the scratch and reset the connections by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone, see here: Android/iOS

@MyeniEP If you make a factory reset on your watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Give it a test run and let us know if it improves the situation!

@J T @Agnieszkamoj At first, please make a factory reset on your watch and see if it improves the battery life.

@hllong1976 Your watch already has the version 1.3.255 installed on it. If you connect it to PC, sports connect will offer you the latest software 1.7.64 to download. Can you first install the latest version and check if the issue still there? See my reply here.

Cheers, lampard

• Txu_sTxu_s Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard,
    Thank you for your answer. Sorry but i am sure that the problem come from my watch, and since i had update her. Dysfunction are same with my ipad and samsung A8.
    Please, even if downgrade is only for battery problems can you deposite this firmware in my git ?
    Thank you so much by advance.
    Tx
  • AgnieszkamojAgnieszkamoj Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampart Thank you for the answer. I tried a factory reset and it didn't work unfortunately.
  • MyeniEPMyeniEP Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @lampard , thanks . i made factory reset when the watch was fully drained (sports connect showing at about 55% charge) and got version rollback 1.3.255. i will provide feedback after about 2 weeks of use.
  • pmcopmco Posts: 18 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Hi! When is an update that solves battery problems and has all the features available?????
  • ShelleyDShelleyD Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard, my Runner 3 has also been experiencing bad battery drainage issues since June. Interestingly, my partner who has the Runner 2 has no such problems and his watch is older than mine.

Can we please try setting the software back the older version?
  • IambeastxIambeastx Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi, I can't connect my spark 3 music to my Xiaomi redmi, the pin request will not appear on screen, is there a recommended firmware rollback I can get?
    I've tried the different resets
  • indibuenoindibueno Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Could I please have my spark put back to the old version as well please? The battery is draining even tho its not doing anything. Love this watch, can't bear to be without it.
  • indibuenoindibueno Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard , could you please downgrade my firmware to v 1.3.255? Tks so much
  • ElmolElmol Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    (please ignore)
  • ZelenaDoraZelenaDora Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    @Pglider @flameinfiren See my reply here. First, I would advise you to try a factory reset on your watch and see if it improves the situation after that. Otherwise I'll put you on old version 1.3.255

Cheers, lampard

@lampard my running mate seems to have some issues with the new version (1.7.64), i have done the factory reset and after the charge up it lost the battery quickly. i have uploaded now my logs via the sports connect desktop app. Kindly check and suggest a solution, if the old version need to deploy kindly assist!

Thanks!
    Dora
  • fdegaulefdegaule Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard Hello, I have battery issue with my TomTom Runner 2 since a long time ago (about a year ?).
    I tried factory reset but it does not resolve the issue (and it updates automatically the watch to last version).
    Could you downgrade my watch to version 1.3.255, it seems to have fixed the issue for a lot of users.

Thanks,
    Florian
  • jennadjennad Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have a Spark/Runner 2 purchased just over 1 year ago. For about 8 weeks I can not get more than 45 minutes of GPS activity before the watch completely dies. Lately, it won't even last one mile of running before completely shutting off. I have tried everything - charging from different sources, several factory resets, have turned off all alerts, sensors, sleep, have unpaired with my phone so it does not sync. The battery will indicate charged, but as soon as I take it off charger it is more like 50%, and will not make it through one run. It is pretty much useless at this point!! I have a half marathon in less than 48 hours, and I really need my watch for this event. I have seen on the forum others who have had the same issue that rolled the watch back to the previous update. Is this something I can try asap? Thanks!
  • khzkhz Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi there.

Please can you rollback my version on my TomTom spark from 1.7.64. The battery life drain is killing my device in under an hour

Edit: i have done a factory reset and no change in battery life drain

Thanks
  • jennadjennad Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]

Please roll back firmware version to 1.3.255.

I have a Spark/Runner 2 purchased just over 1 year ago. For about 8 weeks I can not get more than 45 minutes of GPS activity before the watch completely dies. Lately, it won't even last one mile of running before completely shutting off. I have tried everything - charging from different sources, several factory resets, have turned off all alerts, sensors, sleep, have unpaired with my phone so it does not sync. The battery will indicate charged, but as soon as I take it off charger it is more like 50%, and will not make it through one run. It is pretty much useless at this point!! I have a half marathon in less than 48 hours, and I really need my watch for this event. I have seen on the forum others who have had the same issue that rolled the watch back to the previous update. Is this something I can try asap? Thanks
  • PgliderPglider Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hello lampard,
    No worthwhile result with the factory reset, can you please roll me back to 1.3.255
    Thank you