Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 3,962 TomTom Moderator
    @Nicknobes @kurau15s If you make a factory reset on your watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect.

Cheers, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• CrotstaCrotsta Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi @lampard I have the same battery drain issue with 1.7.64. I've tried a factory reset but that didn't help. Could you please revert my account back to 1.3.255?

Cheers
  • IngeBreederveldIngeBreederveld Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @lampard I also have the battery drain issue in 1.7.64 and also I cannot pair my watch over bluetooth as it breaks out of the menu as soon as I select it.
    Can you please revert my account to version 1.3.255?
    Could you possibly make it possible for us to do this ourselves as I have encountered "bad" versions before and a revert to the previous version would have been a great option to have.
    @Crotsta @IngeBreederveld If you now perform a factory reset on your watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect.

Cheers, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.

• PaulB-SPaulB-S Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Can I request a firmware roll-back. I am currently on 1.7.64 and only getting 1 hour on GPS/HR/music or 3 hour GPS only.

I have tries several factory resets, but same issue.

Thanks
  • PgliderPglider Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Please also Rollback to 1.3.255
    Many thanks!
  • flameinfirenflameinfiren Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, can I please request a roll back, as soon as I updated I began having battery issues. Thank you
  • SuzaniSuzani Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    @lampard I installed the 1.3.255 software. Yet, the battery still drains very quickly. It has a quarter bar left after only a 1,5 hour run. I am doing a full marathon next week and need the batt to live at least 4 hrs. I am not confident the watch will last the full race. What do you recommend?
  • heat_koheat_ko Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Please let me install the latest software. THX
  • stagalogstagalog Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard - Please rollback my spark 3 version to 1.3.255 from 1.7.64.

I've already done multiple resets and power off/on with no improvement in the now very poor battery life.

Many thanks!
    @PaulB-S @stagalog Please make a a factory reset on your watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect.

@Pglider @flameinfiren See my reply here. First, I would advise you to try a factory reset on your watch and see if it improves the situation after that. Otherwise I'll put you on old version 1.3.255

@Suzani There seems to be a battery issue with the watch, please get in touch with our support and they'll be able to help you further in this case.

@heat_ko The latest version will offered to you in Sports Connect when you plug in your watch.

Cheers, lampard

• AlaxtorAlaxtor Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard : restaure la versión de mi chispa 3 a 1.3.255 desde 1.7.64.

Ya se han realizado varios reinicios y aplicaciones.

¡Muchas gracias!
    @Alaxtor Please make a a factory reset on your watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect.

Cheers, lampard

• taekimontaekimon Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    Hi All,

So far we've seen many reports here wherein watch battery drains even after reverting the firmware version back to 1.3.255. The battery issue occurs directly after updating the watch to 1.7.64 and can be fixed with a factory reset on your watch.

If still no joy, we can put it on the old version 1.3.255. Issues only occurring now are deemed to be related to a depleted battery and not the software version installed on it.

@taekimon @atripat007 @kajomalu please first try the factory reset on your watch and let us know the outcome!

@Suzani If you make a factory reset on your watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect.

Cheers, lampard

hi @lampard

Thank you for the advice. I've tried the factory reset last Tues and would like to report the following

After the factory reset on Tuesday, my watch lasted through a 90min run (GPS + HR on, no music), lasted the whole Wed with activity tracker (steps, hr and sleep) on and a 1.5hr gym session with hr on, and Thur another 40min run (gps + hr on) before finally flashing the low battery warning. The battery life seems to have improved from before but I am not sure if this is considered reasonable battery life with the 1.7.64 firmware because my old multi sport cardio can last me 2 weeks with 4 x 50min runs (gps + hr on) within the 2 weeks of use before it requires a charge.

If @atripat007 and @kajomalu can report their experience here after the factory reset, that'll be great!

Sadly, the watch is currently sitting in my drawer with battery drained up to about 60% left since last Thursday's full charge because the strap started to tear!
  • atripat007atripat007 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    battery issue resolved after factory reset, but still needs to be checked if the battery lasts for a 6 hour run
  • JNWadeJNWade Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    @lampard I am a Spark 3 Music + Cardio user, experiencing many of the same issues as the other users. I have had my watch for two years, and in the past couple of months it only lasts two days maximum even in watch only mode (no activity tracking or workouts). If I work out with the watch, it may last only one day before giving low battery alerts. I have software version 1.7.64. Could you link a previous version to my account as well? Thank you.
  • flameinfirenflameinfiren Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    @Pglider @flameinfiren See my reply here. First, I would advise you to try a factory reset on your watch and see if it improves the situation after that. Otherwise I'll put you on old version 1.3.255

I tried that and it didn't work unfortunately
  • pmcopmco Posts: 18 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Hi! When is an update that solves battery problems and has all the features available???
  • SzafarzSzafarz Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    90 pages on reinstatement, you can write something that will work (Tomtom) and maybe your knowledge is over.
    @JNWade Have you tried a factory reset on your watch? See if it improves the situation after that, Otherwise I'll put you on old version 1.3.255

@flameinfiren I've put you on the version 1.3.255, please make a factory reset on your watch and the old software will be offered to you in Sports Connect.

Cheers, lampard

• JNWadeJNWade Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    @lampard Yes, I did a factory reset already. No change.
    @JNWade If you now perform a factory reset on your watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect.

Cheers, lampard

• pmcopmco Posts: 18 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Hi! When is an update that solves battery problems and has all the features available????
  • RuudLobelRuudLobel Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    After updating to 1.7.64 also my Runner 2 suffers from excessive battery drain. A factory reset brought some improvement, but it is certainly not up to the initial level.
    Could you please roll back my software version as well? Thanks!
  • CrotstaCrotsta Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi @lampard the downgrade of the software didn't fix the problem, however I'd rather be on the latest version to have the most features. Could you please revert me to 1.7.64? Thanks.