Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series - Page 88 — TomTom Community

Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,117 TomTom Moderator
    @Pucasman The old version 1.3.255 rollback only helps in case there's a battery issue with the watch.I would advise you to start from the scratch and reset the connections by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone, see here: Android/iOS

@Nino_Z Sorry to hear that! I've now pout you on the version 1.3.255, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Also, you can PM me the email address of your wife to which the watch is linked and I'll make the changes there.

@RSA_Saffa You're already on the old version 1.3.255!

@jon mc At first, please make a factory reset on your watch to see if it improves the situation. Otherwise, I can put you on the old version 1.3.255.

@lucka If you make a factory reset on your watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect.

@CKE We only have the old version 1.3.255 available for rollback. I can see that you've the latest version installed on your watch and hence, I removed you from old version so that you won't get the 1.3.255 update in Sports Connect next time.

Cheers, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• taekimontaekimon Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @lampard I actually PMed you,
    My Tomtom Spark Cardio + Music is also facing battery issues after the 1.7.64 update. I have some questions.
    1. What functions do we lose if we roll back to the 1.3.255 firmware?
    2. Will a factory reset roll back to 1.3.255 or do I have to inform you so that the roll back download is done from your end?
    3. Is Tomtom still going to release new updates to fix this battery issue? Are the latest updates (after September 2017) really the cause of the battery issues?
  • roboskiproboskip Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @lampardMy runner3 watch has the battery issue described in this thread. I have run the factory reset twice, but with no improvement. The battery lasts about 2 hours of GPS, which means I can't get through a long ride. Can my watch be rolled back to a stable version? Infact why do I even need to post on a forum to do this? Surely a factory reset should rollback to the factory software version???
    Martin
  • Nino_ZNino_Z Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    This has nothing to do with the firmware. Both my watch and my wife's were purchased a year and a half ago. Both seemed to start losing charge super quickly at about the same time and at a similar rate. Resetting did nothing. Reverting to old firmware did nothing.
    It is as I had expected - tomtom has probably manufactured all devices at around the same time and since the battery used is of poor quality and very limited size, it tends to deteriorate very quickly. Meaning that at about 1.5 years use, it seems to lose almost 70% of its capacity. This just seems to happen around when the last two firmwares were released, but it's definitely not because of the firmwares. In this case correlation is not causation.

I have ordered two replacement batteries and will fix the problem on my own, thus voiding the warranty. I will let everyone else know if this ends up fixing my problem on both watches.
  • supporttomtomsupporttomtom Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    TomTom go 910 may not be a complicated subject if being its consumer you are aware of finding the solution.For this purpose, always feel free to contact us dialing our TomTom Updates tollfree number +44 800 069 8998 UK.
    TomTom go 910 may not be a complicated subject if being its consumer you are aware of finding the solution.For this purpose, always feel free to contact us dialing our TomTom Updates tollfree number +44 800 069 8998 UK.

This conversation is about TomTom Runner 3 watches. Not SatNav devices...
  • joridxjoridx Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Nino_Z wrote:
    This has nothing to do with the firmware. Both my watch and my wife's were purchased a year and a half ago. Both seemed to start losing charge super quickly at about the same time and at a similar rate. Resetting did nothing. Reverting to old firmware did nothing.
    It is as I had expected - tomtom has probably manufactured all devices at around the same time and since the battery used is of poor quality and very limited size, it tends to deteriorate very quickly. Meaning that at about 1.5 years use, it seems to lose almost 70% of its capacity. This just seems to happen around when the last two firmwares were released, but it's definitely not because of the firmwares. In this case correlation is not causation.

I have ordered two replacement batteries and will fix the problem on my own, thus voiding the warranty. I will let everyone else know if this ends up fixing my problem on both watches.

Hello @Nino_Z ,

could you tell me where did you ordered the batteries? Same problem here.

Thank you!
    joridx wrote:
    Hello @Nino_Z ,

could you tell me where did you ordered the batteries? Same problem here.

Thank you!

Hi,

I don't know if this is within the rules of this forum, so please just send me a PM.
  • kajomalukajomalu Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I don't speak English so well. but since a few weeks the battery of my tomtom cardio 2 is empty after 2 hours gps use. please inform me how to get back tot 1.3.255 I now have the 1.7.64 version
  • SuzaniSuzani Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi there, my battery has been giving problems, too. I have a TomTom Spark 3 with a software version 1.7.64. Recently, the battery has had a very short timelife - not enough to sustain even half the time of my long runs. I did a hard reset recently (factory settings), but it didn't work. It might have to do with previously installed sofware updates but I can't be sure. What do you recommend me to do? I am running a marathon in 2 weeks and really need this watch to function the whole race.
  • kokoterokokotero Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hello! My watch is up to date with the software version 1.7.64 but I am really upset this upgrade because the battery only works for less than 30min. Please, is it possible to install a new ( or an old ) software version ?? Need the watch yo my training !!
    I saw that a lot of people is having the same issue: How is that possible ?? What are you going to do to solve this issue ?? I thought that I bought a really good sport watch but now I don't think so...
    Thanks in advance and best regards.
    Hi All,

So far we've seen many reports here wherein watch battery drains even after reverting the firmware version back to 1.3.255. The battery issue occurs directly after updating the watch to 1.7.64 and can be fixed with a factory reset on your watch.

If still no joy, we can put it on the old version 1.3.255. Issues only occurring now are deemed to be related to a depleted battery and not the software version installed on it.

@taekimon @atripat007 @kajomalu please first try the factory reset on your watch and let us know the outcome!

@Suzani If you make a factory reset on your watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect.

Cheers, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.

• roboskiproboskip Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am suffering from the same battery issues described here. I have tried the factory reset twice and the watch still dies after about 2 hours of GPS use. How can I roll the software back to a stable version?
  • matalenamatalena Posts: 12 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello @lampard,
    About a month ago or so I asked and was reverted to 1.3.255. The battery life improved since, quite a lot. Now I just connected my Tomtom Runner 3 to the computer and got the message that there is an update, which surprised me. So I came here and read you message of about 3 hours ago. I have some questions for you before I proceed:
    1. my battery life has improved noticeably, so why should I now go back to a software that drains my tomtom?
    2. when I did the downgrade I did also a factory reset. Are you saying that that did the trick for the battery life and not the downgrade in itself?
    I will wait for you answer before connecting the Tomtom again, thanks a lot.
    @matalena The Sports Connect (3.3.8) installed on your PC is outdated and the update (3.3.9) offered to you must be of the software itself so please install the latest version when it prompts to update. For some users with battery issue, just a factory reset did a trick while others were reverted back to the older version. I hope this answers your question!

@roboskip Your watch already has the version 1.3.255 installed on it!

Cheers, lampard

lampard wrote:
    @matalena The Sports Connect (3.3.8) installed on your PC is outdated and the update (3.3.9) offered to you must be of the software itself so please install the latest version when it prompts to update. For some users with battery issue, just a factory reset did a trick while others were reverted back to the older version. I hope this answers your question!

Thanks @lampard, yes this answers my question! I did the upgrade of the Sports Connect and it went well. At this point I would like to try to go to the 1.7.64 again, do a factory reset and see if that would be enough to solve the battery drainage problem. 1.7.64 has too many good things that I am missing. If it does not work then I will go back again to 1.3.255. Do you think this is a good plan? Is it worth it? And, moreover, do you mind changing the settings for me once again? Thanks:relaxed:
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 4,877 Community Manager
    matalena wrote:
    Thanks @lampard, yes this answers my question! I did the upgrade of the Sports Connect and it went well. At this point I would like to try to go to the 1.7.64 again, do a factory reset and see if that would be enough to solve the battery drainage problem. 1.7.64 has too many good things that I am missing. If it does not work then I will go back again to 1.3.255. Do you think this is a good plan? Is it worth it? And, moreover, do you mind changing the settings for me once again? Thanks:relaxed:
    Your account is now linked back to 1.7.64.
    Jürgen wrote:
    matalena wrote:
    Your account is now linked back to 1.7.64.

Thanks [user=93]Jürgen[/user], I am going to try and see how it goes!
  • SuzaniSuzani Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    @lampard: I did a factory reset, like you suggested. However, I did not find that the version 1.3.255 software became available. However, even without rolling back to the old software, I tested the battery throughout yesterday and today and let it run completely empty. Then wanting to recharge the battery, the watch it is now not working anymore. Upon attaching it to the PC, the app announced that something was wrong and I needed a reset. I did a reset but after displaying the TomTOm logo and some loading graphics, the watch becomes completely blank and the app asks me to reset yet again. What do I do?
  • EdubabbleEdubabble Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    My Spark 3 Cardio is on the 1.7.64 and the battery life is now awful. It renders the watch unusable as a watch as you have to keep it charging for when you actually need to use it.

Why is this being so ignored by Tomtom? It needs fixing as it is surely embarrassing the brand in the media?
  • EdubabbleEdubabble Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    With that in mind (my previous post), does a rollback actually work in the meantime? If so I'd like that doing to mine. I really don't want to ditch it for something else.
    Hi Suzani,

Sorry, somehow I missed making changes to your account. Please perform a reset again and the version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect.

Cheers, lampard

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,774 Superusers
    Edubabble wrote:
    My Spark 3 Cardio is on the 1.7.64 and the battery life is now awful. It renders the watch unusable as a watch as you have to keep it charging for when you actually need to use it.

Why is this being so ignored by Tomtom? It needs fixing as it is surely embarrassing the brand in the media?
    It is not being ignored by TT, they left the industry and stopped all production and development a year ago, so they have no one to fix it. There is nothing to embarrass them for, they are not in the market anymore (they are just selling off old stock at this point). For many users a factory reset fixes I and for others a rollback does the trick. If the first does not work for you, try the second.
  • NicknobesNicknobes Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, my battery life is pretty much non existent now which i assume is because of the update to 1.7.64. I have already tried resetting, twice, and no change. Could you please revert my account back to the old version so i can try and see if that improves my battery life??

Thanks
  • kurau15skurau15s Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    @kurau15s At first, please make a factory reset on your watch and see if it's improves teh situation after that. Let me know how it goes!

Steve ingledew I've now put you on the version 1.3.255, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

Cheers, Lampard
    Lampard,
    I have did a factory reset, battery still drains very fast and only lasts only for 1 or 2 runs even when setting to phone connection off. Pls roll me back to the 1.3.25. Thanks.