Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• CidraqueCidraque Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    Hi Jürgen i can't send you a private message if you don't follow me thanks
    Juan
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 4,773 Community Manager
    Hi Jürgen, can you also do mine? Just bought my runner 3, same issues as all others here. Won't pair, where my other Runner 1 does.
    When you now do a factory reset you'll return to 1.3.255.
    rsmith wrote:
    Hi Jurgen, please can you roll my firmware back to 1.3.255? The battery drain currently makes my watch unusable.
    If you now do a factory reset you'll return to 1.3.255.
  • luca69xluca69x Posts: 36 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Always the usual answer, never any definite novelty
    sathboogie wrote:
    Hello Jurgen,

Since the update to 1.7.53 my tomtom runner 3 cardio (HRxxxxGxxxxx) is not able to synchronize with my Tomtom sports app anymore. Is it possible to provide me the downgrade to version 1.3.255? Thank you in advance.
    If you now do a factory reset on your watch you'll return to 1.3.255.
  • ColonelFazackerleyColonelFazackerley Posts: 27 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Jürgen wrote:
    M. Larsson wrote:
    It seems that its those who have bought a clock a couple of months ago and upgraded to the new software.. Those customers seams to have these kind of issues?
    No, it can happen to new watches too. But chances that this happens are extremely low. I wasn't able to reproduce this with any of my watches.

There seem to be plenty of people in this 8 page thread with problems. Why not choose 1 and offer to post them a temporary replacement while they send their's to TomTom for investigation?
    tomtom only wants to make money with sales, no assistance, no customer attention, just copy paste factory reset to 1.3.255
  • DGMDGM Posts: 6 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Jürgen wrote:
    I'm afraid I have no time frame. We're still investigating. Most users simply have no issues with the latest build.

I find this very hard to believe especially considering that there are eight pages of users on this thread alone with the problem.

Also when I called TomTom support they were aware of this known issue straight away.

It is more likely that "most users" aren't aware of the forums existence and/or haven't contacted support about it.

I am also more than happy to send you my watch for examination if you replace it with a fully working version
  • pat berrypat berry Posts: 11 [Master Explorer]
    I can't understand why the new update isn't removed and the old put back in place. Mine is fixed now but im still very annoyed that I spent hours trying to fix it .
    Tomtom will not want to miss the VO2max and automatic pause function that work great on Garmin
  • LisavdHulstLisavdHulst Posts: 6 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Jurgen, can you shed a light here? This seems like a poor patch on a problem which is getting increased amounts of infected users. Is tomtom just sitting back and relaxing, or are they actively working on a patch? I don't feel like reverting to an old version without the added benefits of the last update, unless it'll be temporary. Which I somewhat doubt at the moment. Do we have tomtom's attention, or are we just the sad bunch that bought a defective product? If so, I'm returning mine..
  • godoy18godoy18 Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    Hi Jürgen
    Can you restore the previous version on my watch as well please?
    Godoy.
  • CidraqueCidraque Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    Hi Jürgen i can't send you a PM , my email is [email protected] can you link my watch to 1.3.255 version? Thanks

Mod edit: Please do not post any personal information on a public forum!
  • PascalitoPascalito Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Jürgen,

Please kindly link my watch to 1.3.255 version, so that i can do a factory reset to a functionning firmware.

Thank you, Pascal
    Godoy, Cidraque, Pascal,
    If you now do a factory reset you'll return to 1.3.255.
    Jurgen, can you shed a light here? This seems like a poor patch on a problem which is getting increased amounts of infected users. Is tomtom just sitting back and relaxing, or are they actively working on a patch? I don't feel like reverting to an old version without the added benefits of the last update, unless it'll be temporary. Which I somewhat doubt at the moment. Do we have tomtom's attention, or are we just the sad bunch that bought a defective product? If so, I'm returning mine..

Jurgen, why do you just answer those who ask you how to do downgrade and not ask about upgrading?
    So, I enter no non-PC application and do a restore, although it restores and installs installation 1. 1.7.53.

How do I do? you do not have an app? Are you somewhere low?
    godoy18 wrote:
    So, I enter no non-PC application and do a restore, although it restores and installs installation 1. 1.7.53.

How do I do? you do not have an app? Are you somewhere low?
    You need to do a factory reset in the Settings of TomTom Sports Connect on your computer.
    Jurgen,

got it, show !!!! thank you.

What should I do now? expect to exit a new update to fix this 1.7.53 upgrade error?

I have the tomtom bluetooth headset, I put it to pair, but the clock does not work, I've downgraded

what should I do? What can it be?
    It worked !!!!

OUR VERY HAPPY

SOOOO THANK YOU.

KKKK
  • VCWC45VCWC45 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Jürgen - please roll me back to 1.3.255.
    Thanks.
    Vince
    VCWC45 wrote:
    Hi Jürgen - please roll me back to 1.3.255.
    Thanks.
    Vince
    Hi Vince,
    Please do a factory reset now to return to 1.3.255.
    Jürgen
    Every day people who need downgrades increase, so I do not seem to be in a few users to have anomalies.
  • VCWC45VCWC45 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks Jürgen. Back to normal now.
  • Jacco_NLJacco_NL Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Jurgen, please set me also back to the older firmware version.

Thanks in advance!