Broken strap - self service

13»

Comments

• romansalpicoromansalpico Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    Hi romansalpico,

I can see that you already had a chat with one of our support representatives to request a replacement.

Chers, lampard

Yes, and the only solution is to wait 1 month for the new strap to arrive. And we can not use the watch for 1 month. I am preparing a race and that solution is not enough. I think it's a very bad after-sales service. The strap is under warranty and should give a much faster service. And I had to buy another strap on my own, which is also likely to break soon due to the poor quality of the product.
    I will not buy Tom Tom products again.
    Thank you
  • mariette.hattinghmariette.hattingh Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, I need to order a new strap for my Tom Tom Runner 3 as mine is broken. The watch is out of warranty. I'm trying to order a strap online as I tried all stores possible but no one has stock. I can't find a link to add it to my shopping basket online.

Can someone please help.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 4,787 Community Manager
    Hi, I need to order a new strap for my Tom Tom Runner 3 as mine is broken. The watch is out of warranty. I'm trying to order a strap online as I tried all stores possible but no one has stock. I can't find a link to add it to my shopping basket online.

Can someone please help.
    Please still fill in the form. This will create a support incident. If the system detects that your watch is out of warranty you will be contacted by our support team. https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/strap_repair
  • DaleepDaleep Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    "my Reference Number: 180805-xxxxxx had been generated for changing damage strap on 05.08.2018, but as of date same is unresolved. My reminders yet not yield any result, afraid not redressed as no satisfactory response. i would suggest, do not buy such a product unable to give support during warranty."

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum.Thanks!
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,800 Superusers
    Hi
    @Daleep

Contact Tomtom Support to sort out your Account

Support Phone numbers.... Thanks to User Niall for maintaining the list
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/travel-lounge-154/customer-support-phone-numbers-988105/index1.html#post1020431

Email....
    Scroll to the bottom of this page
    From the Support Menu list
    Click 'Contact us'
    Or
    Click Here for a direct link to 'Contact us'....
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/contact/locale/en_GB

Scroll to the bottom of the new page check your Countries flag is displayed (Screen bottom right) if incorrect click on one of the links and correct

Drill down through the appropriate links
    You will eventually get to....

FAQS --- FORUMS ---- EMAIL US---- PHONE US

OR

Email Direct Link...
    http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/contact_incident/c/4692/p/2986/es/0
    After Clicking on the Link
    Scroll to the bottom of the new page check your Countries flag is displayed (Screen bottom right) if incorrect click on one of the links and correct

Note... You must already be logged into the site for the 'Email Direct link' to work

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'

And how does it work in Holland? I've tried to get a new strap because mine is broken again. I think it's already the fifth broken strap in 2 years. Crazy if you think about it but anyhow, they don't want to help me anymore and from now on I just have to pay for the straps... The watch have cost me €299 and now I've to pay more because of the straps only last for a few months.
    What should I do?
  • myingenuitymyingenuity Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    hi there, last year my tomtom runner 3 strap broke after one year of using it. I got it replaced and again it broke after a year. Am I eligible to have it replaced once more? I tried the official website I used last year but it says I can't.
  • HZzoliHZzoli Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    I bought a watch Runner 3. My strap was broken and I got a new strap on 20.10.2018.
    This strap also broken and I tried to do the "strap replacement" process, but I got an error-message that my product being out of warranty. BUT, I got this strap only 9 months ago!
    I understand that the watch being out of warranty but the wrong strap is in warranty.
    What can I do?

iz0rd105fkeq.jpg
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,725 Superusers
    HZzoli wrote: »
    I bought a watch Runner 3. My strap was broken and I got a new strap on 20.10.2018.
    This strap also broken and I tried to do the "strap replacement" process, but I got an error-message that my product being out of warranty. BUT, I got this strap only 9 months ago!
    I understand that the watch being out of warranty but the wrong strap is in warranty.
    What can I do?

Replacement straps are only warrantied for 6 months.
  • HZzoliHZzoli Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    tfarabaugh wrote: »
    What can I do?

Thanks for your answer,
    but sorry, I do not understand. Why only 6 months? Is this product worse quality as the original? Or the TomTom make 2 different categories: which good 1 year and which good only half year?
    I think it is unfair because the product is the wrong or not good quality not the user make fail.
    How can I make an official complaint?
    Thanks.
    tfarabaugh wrote: »
    What can I do?

Thanks for your answer,
    but sorry, I do not understand. Why only 6 months? Is this product worse quality as the original? Or the TomTom make 2 different categories: which good 1 year and which good only half year?
    I think it is unfair because the product is the wrong or not good quality not the user make fail.
    How can I make an official complaint?
    Thanks.

It is six months because that is the warranty period they set. The watch itself is one year, accessories are 6 months. This is very common in this and other industries and a company has a right to set any warranty period they want and different products have different expected lives and different warranty periods. You can complain all you want but you accepted the policy when you bought the watch, just like with any other purchase.
  • myingenuitymyingenuity Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I guess this is the policy that leads to losing customers. Sorry, but I'll have to say goodbye to my runner 3. It looks it's a big-scale problem as many people complain about the strap and you offer a free replacement.
    I've had my runner 3 watch for 2 years and 2 straps broke. It's pointless to invest any many into a strap that will last one more year.
    I guess this is the policy that leads to losing customers. Sorry, but I'll have to say goodbye to my runner 3. It looks it's a big-scale problem as many people complain about the strap and you offer a free replacement.
    I've had my runner 3 watch for 2 years and 2 straps broke. It's pointless to invest any many into a strap that will last one more year.

Since TomTom Sports went out of business over 18 months ago and ceased all production and development they are not losing a customer as they have nothing new to sell you.