Broken strap - self service

Comments

• TebzatTebzat Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    VikramK wrote:
    @Tebzat

I see you have already filled the form online, but not sure why it has been delayed.

I have sent a heads up to the customer services about it.

Apologies...

-Vikram

got the strap yesterday , thank you.
  • 00310031 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    i have made a request on 10-04-2018 and is still "processing" (verzoek in behandeling). What can i do to speed this up, it is quite inconvenient with a broken strap?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,726 Superusers
    0031 wrote:
    i have made a request on 10-04-2018 and is still "processing" (verzoek in behandeling). What can i do to speed this up, it is quite inconvenient with a broken strap?
    Call them rather than waiting for an email to be seen. To get the number for Customer Support, select Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).
  • dikkiadikkia Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    hi,
    i have a runner 2 hr + music.
    more or less 6 month ago the strap got broken and the support sent me a new one. Everithing was perfect

Now the strap broke again but if i try to perform the selfdesk procedure it say something like: "error, your request can't be summitted, probably due to a warranty expiration"

the watch has been bouth the 29/04/2017 (i have the proof) and as far as i know it has 2 years of warranty.
    why i can't submit the strap replacement?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,726 Superusers
    dikkia wrote:
    hi,
    i have a runner 2 hr + music.
    more or less 6 month ago the strap got broken and the support sent me a new one. Everithing was perfect

Now the strap broke again but if i try to perform the selfdesk procedure it say something like: "error, your request can't be summitted, probably due to a warranty expiration"

the watch has been bouth the 29/04/2017 (i have the proof) and as far as i know it has 2 years of warranty.
    why i can't submit the strap replacement?
    Call Support directly. To get the number for Customer Support, select Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).
  • Mski35Mski35 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Is there a site in the US to request a replacement strap?
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,020 TomTom Moderator
    Mski35 wrote:

Please visit the link here: https://us.support.tomtom.com/app/strap_repair

Cheers, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• Mski35Mski35 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    Mski35 wrote:
    Please visit the link here: https://us.support.tomtom.com/app/strap_repair

Cheers, lampard

Thank you Lampard. I went to the URL and went through the steps, however when I try and submit my request it states - "Address is mandatory, please go to your Account details and enter a valid shipping address."

I also went to my account settings and confirmed it is configured properly.

I tried in both chrome and IE but got the same error message. Can you help me out with this please? 4c4a0880-affb-410a-bd21-7b80df1593f4.png
    Hi Mski35,

Sorry to hear about this! I would advise you to get in touch with our customer support and they'll be able to assist you further with this. You can click on 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of this page to Phone/Email them

Cheers, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.

• jacco411jacco411 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I'm also having the same problems with requesting a new strap in the US using the link. I also do not see anywhere on the website where you can find an email or a phone number. It's almost as if you don't want us to email or call. I've clicked on "contact us" and it doesn't have any fairly obvious places that displays an email or phone.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,552 Superuser
    @jacco411

Customer Services

:flag_us: United States
    877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • JasonbenciJasonbenci Posts: 14 [Outstanding Explorer]
    My replacement strap only lasted a few months. Now my device is out of warranty. Doesnt the warranty continue on the replacement part?
  • arbjarbj Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    My watch strap broke, I used some super glue to stick it back, now its perfect. I did try out a Chinese replacement, it was awful.

thanks
    a
  • MarvAngMarvAng Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, i made a request on 8 July 2018. Till now, there is no reply. Is inconvenient to run with a broken strap. Please help. My Reference Number: 180708-xxxxxxx

Mod edit: Please do not post any personal information on a public forum!
  • OxtrimoOxtrimo Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Jasonbenci wrote:
    My replacement strap only lasted a few months. Now my device is out of warranty. Doesnt the warranty continue on the replacement part?
    I have the same question. If the strap keeps braking every 5-6 months, the quality seems to be a problem and not how users use it. Once the watch is out of warranty, how long would TomTom continue replacing straps? Purchasing a strap for 30 euros seems unaffordable [user=93]Jürgen[/user] .
    Thanks
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,797 TomTom Moderator
    Hi MarvAng

I reviewed the case you have started with the customer service and I see they have replied today..

Sorry about the delay...

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • GREGORY MPAKOSGREGORY MPAKOS Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I,m trying to send a request for broken strap in https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/strap_repair
    and my post code in greece says that is in wrong form. Its not. Is the replace in Greece available and if not what can i do?
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,552 Superuser
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • GREGORY MPAKOSGREGORY MPAKOS Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Niall wrote:
    the account details where i have to fill my address is only in uk and says that the given postal code has wrong format
  • Pedro GomesPedro Gomes Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    5 broken straps in 2 years... great
    206f3602-a49f-44ea-86d2-b0ac382250d6.jpg
  • csorthofeetcsorthofeet Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My daughter even ordered a pair for her clinical training for her medical program as she knew she’d be on her feet a lot. They are super comfy and definitely worth every penny that I payed. Love Orthofeet and I recommend them whenever someone mentions having heel pain. Told all my co-workers about them. Simply LOVE them and will defiantly be buying more!
  • BlacksugarBlacksugar Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    What about buying a new strap in Mexico? The Tom Tom page doesn't show any accesories! Is it possible to buy locally? My strap broke after 1 year so I assume it cannot be replaced for free, but I don't see how to buy a new one. Help is much appreciated.
  • andresbocaandresboca Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, i'm form Argentina, and i bought via amazon, so to claim for the broken strap, how do i need to communicate? with you or with amazon?

Thanks.
  • romansalpicoromansalpico Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My partner and I bought the tom tom runner 3. Both of us also broke the leash. We have been told that they send us a new belt, but two weeks have passed and it has not arrived. They tell me that it may take 4 weeks to arrive. We are training for an important race and we can not wait 1 month without a clock. Each one of us has had to buy a watch strap and it is probably as bad as the previous one. I do not recommend buying tom tom runner 3, and I think the after-sales service is very bad. You can not allow a bad quality error of yours to take 1 month to fix. The strap is of very poor quality.
    Hi romansalpico,

I can see that you already had a chat with one of our support representatives to request a replacement.

Chers, lampard