Which models have voice recognition? — TomTom Community

Which models have voice recognition?

TN ArgsTN Args Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi, I find it really hard when researching the Tomtom models, to find out which ones have voice recognition (where you dictate the address and it recognises what you said). The specifications and details pages on the Tomtom website don't list this feature.

I am interested in buying the VIA 52 for my daughter. Does it have voice recognition?

If not, what models do?

thanks

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,362
    Superusers
    All newer models have VC (voice control) to my understanding, including the VIA 52.
  • TN ArgsTN Args Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks, because the shop assistant I asked said he is pretty sure it doesn't (purely from looking at the specs and guessing), and he said it is probably only in the GO models.

I sensed that he was faking it.

Does anyone reading this actually have a VIA 52 and can confirm?
  • NiallNiall Posts: 11,018
    Superuser
    @TN Args

But to use voice controlled commands you must use a computer voice, for English(UK) that is "Serena" or "Malcolm"
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,362
    Superusers
    Call support to confirm:

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • TN ArgsTN Args Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I just found this thread: https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-5xxx-6xxx-series-go-4xx-6xx-series-go-via-and-start-4x-6x-series-mydrive-connect-176/voice-control-on-the-via-52-1026151

...and it is obvious that the thread starter is using voice control on his VIA 52.

So, I think I have my answer. Thanks again.

P.S. I am in Australia
  • NiallNiall Posts: 11,018
    Superuser
    @TN Args

In that case for English(AU) you only have "Karen" but check with Customer Services if there are any others ;)

CS Australia
    1300 135 604
    Monday-Friday:9:00 am to 5:30 pm AEST