No voice guidance on the via

My Sat nav has stopped giving direction voice when a route has been set. Jane will give time of arrival....then nothing. I have gone to settings and checked Jane is 'on' and sound is 'on' on the menu sound bar. Any other actions/ideas?

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,523 Superuser
    @Jimgo

To get full street by street instructions you need to be using the computer voice "Serena" or "Malcolm". If they are not on your device see this FAQ https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mydrive-connect-apps-474/install-and-remove-voices-with-mydrive-connect-1022208
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,515 Superusers
    Hi
    Jimgo wrote:
    My Sat nav has stopped giving direction voice when a route has been set. Jane will give the time of arrival....then nothing. I have gone to settings and checked Jane is 'on' and sound is 'on' on the menu sound bar. Any other actions/ideas?
    Have you tried a Drum roll restart on the device ????

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles......

If possible, for the for the first Satellite fix, go outside with a clear view of the Sky

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'
    I have tried the suggestions above from Niall and YamFazman without luck. I have checked Serena and tried to download a new Jane (free). This did not download. I am trying to see if I can find the receipt. I can't remember when I purchased the Satnav.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,155 Superusers
    When you tap the screen to get to the menu, do you see a volume bar there? If so, does the icon to the right have a line through it? If so, tap the icon to unmute it.