Says it's up to date, but not when I switch on in the car!

Hello. My satnav is saying that it's all up to date when I connect it to my computer - I have recently updated it, so I believe what it's telling me, but then when I plug it into my car, it's saying that my map is 60 months old and needs updating!!! Help please!!!

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,155 Superusers
    What model?

Support:
    United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,512 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Hazel:)

Welcome to the community:)

I had a quick look at your account and I see that you don't have an active subscription to 'Map update service', which is the reason when you connect the device to MyDrive Connect you get the message that there are no new updates.

To get a new map for your device you can subscribe to map update service. At the moment you have a very old map active on your device v8.90. The current version 10.00.

The subscription can be renewed here: https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/maps-services/shop/travel-map/

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • Hazel2511Hazel2511 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I thought it was free to update - does this mean I have to pay to download an updated map?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,512 TomTom Moderator
    Hazel2511 wrote:
    I thought it was free to update - does this mean I have to pay to download an updated map?

Well!! Was your device purchased with lifetime maps?

If yes, then I would recommend you get in touch with the customer service. As they will be able to help you better.

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.