My Places disappeared in TomTom GO app after changing phones — TomTom Community

My Places disappeared in TomTom GO app after changing phones

AlexlmloAlexlmlo Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
Hi,

I use the TomTom go app on iPhone (ipbone 7 plus), I had 30+ places saved on my places and I did log in to save them at the time.

I just change the phone to the iPhone X, everything in my places are disappeared after login, funny enough it has the recent destinations history there though.

The major reason I used TomTom is because I can save locations on my places, if these are not actually saved on the account I will have to use other apps.

Thanks a lot.

Alex

Comments

• Alster53Alster53 Posts: 24 [Master Explorer]
    I’m afraid you’ve lost them!!! One day it may sinc with MyDrive but don’t hold you’re breath.....
  • AlexlmloAlexlmlo Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Well, funny enough I used Sygic, another navigation app to save favourites, guess what? All my favourites are restored there. Maybe I need to switch back to use that now.

Alex
  • Ainsley001Ainsley001 Posts: 35 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I added exactly this issue (same phone as well) a couple of weeks ago. It's clearly not a fault - it's the way it works!
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 317 [Supreme Pioneer]
    When I first used TomTom navigation products 14 years ago) I learnt from bitter experience that you don't save to favourites as a glitch can and will erase everything saved in your favourites.

This i when I started to used custom POIs as you could keep (and modify) them on your computer and copy them back to your TomTom device if they ever became corrupt (never happen). Unfortunately TomTom no longer give us the ability to use custom POIs!

In addition, as far as iOS GO Mobile users are concerned, MyDrive doesn't exist and it probably never will!

Based of the current development progress of TomTom iOS GO Mobile, I'm not expecting any problems to be fixed and certainly no new functionality to be added in the foreseeable future, i.e. it's taken TomTom over 18 months to get to this stage of TomTom iOS GO Mobile. Draw your own conclusions for the timeline of fixing problems and adding new functionality.

Regards,