Version 1.7.60

buduel
buduel Registered Users Posts: 6
Master Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
When is the official release of version 1.7.60? I've seen many have started using the beta version. It seems to work for most. When will this become official?

Thanks

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • GoneTri
    GoneTri Registered Users Posts: 6
    Master Explorer
    As far as i know the 1.7.60 firmware is a combination of the old Bluetooth stack from the older(working) firmware and the new features introduced in the firmware.
    I don't expect it to be a official release because both parts are not designed and optimized to work together but i think it is being offered to help people with problems.

But as tfarabaugh mentioned TomTom wil not comment on release dates. So we have to wait and see what the feature will bring us. And i hope there will be some kind of information for us customers to explain some things.
  • iambloch
    iambloch Registered Users Posts: 5
    Master Traveler
    Version 1.7.60 installed and same problem with batery drains!! It`s incredible TomTom, incredible!! Four moths waiting for a solution and the new firmware doesn't solve the problem. Batery empty after less than an hour!! Please, a solution for this problem NOW!!
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    iambloch wrote:
    Version 1.7.60 installed and same problem with batery drains!! It`s incredible TomTom, incredible!! Four moths waiting for a solution and the new firmware doesn't solve the problem. Batery empty after less than an hour!! Please, a solution for this problem NOW!!
    1.7.60 was never intended to fix the battery drain issue, just the connectivity issues by rolling back to the old BT stack. Maybe 1.7.62 will fix the battery issue but I would not get my hopes up.
  • Rod White
    Rod White Registered Users Posts: 10
    Legendary Explorer
    I'm not sure if this has been previously covered under the battery drain issue as I'm new to the discussions and my new Adventurer has been on the rolled back release up until 1.7.60 today. I don't have any activities on my watch due to a current injury so the battery seems to be holding up alright.

What I'd like to mention is that I had the sports app running on my phone and connected to the watch then plugged the watch into a USB which terminated the connection to the phone. On the phone there is a WARNING. It goes

Not Connected

When last connected, syncing was switched ON on your watch. If battery drain is too fast, switch to MANUAL in Settings > Phone on your watch.

Perhaps the battery issue is activity and data related so manually syncing might help.
  • xray79
    xray79 Registered Users Posts: 160
    Renowned Wayfarer
    iambloch wrote:

Do you happen to have the watch and app synced automatically and do you have notifications enabled? If so you might want to try and disable the notifications and have the watch and app synced only manually.
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,191
    Community Manager
  • iambloch
    Master Traveler
    xray79 wrote:
    iambloch wrote:
    Do you happen to have the watch and app synced automatically and do you have notifications enabled? If so you might want to try and disable the notifications and have the watch and app synced only manually.

I don't have notifications enabled. Also I have the watch and app synced only manualy, but the battery problems are still there. If I want the battery to last more than one hour, I have to disable the tracker (no sleep tracker or pulse tracker). That's the only thing which solves the battery problems.
  • xray79
    xray79 Registered Users Posts: 160
    Renowned Wayfarer
    iambloch wrote:
    xray79 wrote:
    iambloch wrote:
    I don't have notifications enabled. Also I have the watch and app synced only manualy, but the battery problems are still there. If I want the battery to last more than one hour, I have to disable the tracker (no sleep tracker or pulse tracker). That's the only thing which solves the battery problems.
    That sounds like a real problem. I hoped that it was related to the messages and syncing. Let's hope TT can fix the issue soon.
  • iambloch
    Master Traveler
    xray79 wrote:
    iambloch wrote:
    xray79 wrote:
    iambloch wrote:
    That sounds like a real problem. I hoped that it was related to the messages and syncing. Let's hope TT can fix the issue soon.

I don't think we see a solition soon. TomTom knows this problem with battery drains since at least 4 months, and we have no solution yet. But I have a solution: BUY A GARMIN.
  • skoteroverall
    skoteroverall Registered Users Posts: 19
    Apprentice Traveler
    iambloch wrote:
    xray79 wrote:
    iambloch wrote:
    I have the same problem. Have 1.7.60 and have sync OFF. Once a day a change to manual sync. However, every other day, I get the battery symbol and cannot use the watch. I will have to sync the watch with cord and computer in order to get it to work. Have Spark Cardio+Music.

Can someone help me to return to 1.3?